Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > HPI Monster Truck Forum
Reload this Page >

Picco P3 .28, is there a roto start option?

Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Picco P3 .28, is there a roto start option?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 06:23 PM
cpwshf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picco P3 .28, is there a roto start option?

Hi,

I have a newer Picco P3 .28 engine(51232), and just today the rope starter broke, when I bought this engine new I also bought the OFNA backplate for the roto-start, part # 50010 (I was told this would work with the Picco). So I went to replace the rope start with the roto start kit, everything lines up, EXCEPT the screws that come with the roto-start kit and to small in diameter ( the screw holes on the picco are larger in diameter).

Also the holes in the roto start kit are smaller as well, IE I would have to drill out the holes in the roto-start in order to use the right size bolts.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

Old 10-05-2008, 06:57 PM
SportsFans

Default RE: Picco P3 .28, is there a roto start option?

ORIGINAL: cpwshf

Hi,

I have a newer Picco P3 .28 engine(51232), and just today the rope starter broke, when I bought this engine new I also bought the OFNA backplate for the roto-start, part # 50010 (I was told this would work with the Picco). So I went to replace the rope start with the roto start kit, everything lines up, EXCEPT the screws that come with the roto-start kit and to small in diameter ( the screw holes on the picco are larger in diameter).

Also the holes in the roto start kit are smaller as well, IE I would have to drill out the holes in the roto-start in order to use the right size bolts.

Ya I had that same problem. I had to drill out the screw holds in the ofna roto start back plate kit just enough to make them slightly bigger in diameter, then I had to find some bigger diameter screw the fit the screw holds in P3 back plate correctly, but very importantly they have to be long enough to go all the way thru the roto start kit plate and P3 back place but no further. So I just cut them to the proper length. I hope that helps.

Steve
Old 10-05-2008, 07:00 PM
cpwshf

ORIGINAL: SportsFans

ORIGINAL: cpwshf

Hi,

Ya I had that same problem. I had to drill out the screw holds in the ofna roto start back plate kit just enough to make them slightly bigger in diameter, then I had to find some bigger diameter screw the fit the screw holds in P3 back plate correctly, but very importantly they have to be long enough to go all the way thru the roto start kit plate and P3 back place but no further. So I just cut them to the proper length. I hope that helps.

Steve
Okay, great, thank you!!
Old 10-16-2008, 10:21 PM
evaderstbasher

you know what size screws i would need>

Thanks
Old 10-17-2008, 07:35 PM
cpwshf

ORIGINAL: evaderstbasher

you know what size screws i would need>

Thanks
I think they are M3x20mm