Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

anyone have experience with Tamiya M-05 chassis

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 05:36 PM
njbasherx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone have experience with Tamiya M-05 chassis

hey guys. being in the hobby for quite some time i have always owned off road vehicles. lately i have been wanting to try something on road. i stumbled upon the m-05 series. they seem interesting but i have little to no knowledge about them. the reviews and videos i have seen online seem pretty solid. so i have a few questions. first off would this be a decent platform to start on for on road? im not looking to race just something to drive around maybe in a closed parking lot or something. can these handle brushless system out of the box or would there need to be upgrades?i do like that there is plenty of upgrades and hop ups which is a huge plus in my book. also do the kits come with ball bearings? im just looking for a well balanced kit with plenty of upgrades that's within a reasonable price range.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:09 AM
fasterbetter

Hey there. I'm not super experienced at this yet but I have been helped out pretty good so far. I have an m05 I love the little thing and it's pretty damn tough. I'm currently on the market for a brushless motor and esc. I will tell you that the control arm in the front is by the motor as its front wheel drive but you can by upgrades that are aluminum. I have beaten the hell out of this thing and it just keeps on going! ! For the price it's not bad at all. You Wil need an esc for the motor. Here's what I'm getting. I recommend the suspension upgrades for sure.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/07e-combo-js1.html Yeah Racing (#M05-042BU) Aluminum Ball Bearing Steering Set (BU) For Tamiya M05 & M05 Pro
[M05-042BU]

Yeah Racing Aluminum Long-Span Suspension Arms And Knuckles Performance Upgrade Kit for Tamiya M05 M06 #TAMC-S01
[TAMC-S01]
Old 06-22-2015, 11:12 AM
fasterbetter

The link above is the cable to program the esc. The other parts are from from rc mart. Com I'm pretty sure.

This is the brushless I'm getting
would make your car very quickhttp://www.amazon.com/Castle-Creatio.../dp/B00AQYMNE6there are cheaper and of course more expensive. I have an older version of the sidewinder. I also have some