Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Servo arms

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 08:24 PM
whidbey1
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo arms

Hi All
I am waiting on a Radiowave 35% Panzel to arrive, and getting everything together.

What length of aftermarket Servo arms are people using for max throw for 3d flying and all around flying, I will use Hitec 5945 everywhere, and Rocketcity hardware.

Thanks

Bill
Old 07-27-2004, 09:24 PM
greenboot
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Servo arms

The Hitec digital servos come with an aluminum servo horn which is exactly what I used. I made my own control horns out of aluminum angle.

Tom
Old 07-27-2004, 10:19 PM
DENNIS C
My Feedback: (99)

ORIGINAL: whidbey1

Hi All
I am waiting on a Radiowave 35% Panzel to arrive, and getting everything together.

What length of aftermarket Servo arms are people using for max throw for 3d flying and all around flying, I will use Hitec 5945 everywhere, and Rocketcity hardware.

Thanks

Bill
For maximun torque you are better off using a 1" arm if you can get all your throw in a mechanical advantage. but i would'nt use the 5945's in a plane, there has been numerous threads on these servos locking up. i just pulled all of mine and sold them.......... after seeing my friend's 33%'r go in on it's maiden flight saturday. one of the inboard servo's locked up Yea a hiyec 5945. these servo's were tested for a hour oon the programmer and we thought everything would be kool. but the flight only lasted 1 1/2 minute's and the plane was a TOTAL.

Just my opinion on the hitec's but i would not chance it. I switched to jr 8611's so now i will fly with confidence and not worring about a servo locking up on me.
Old 07-28-2004, 12:18 AM
Smokey
My Feedback: (16)

Whidbey1...if the production arf is like the prototype. You can only use 1" long arms max on the elevators. I used 4" arms on pull pull for rudder. If i was gonna do it again. I would use a 4 1/2" or longer arm. Crossed the wires for pull pull.

Smokey
Old 07-28-2004, 10:54 AM
SLINGSHOT-RCU

On my hanger 9 33% extra 330 I am using 1 1/4 arm on my elv and rud, 1" on ail. with Hitec 5645 servos,,, and the same on my 35% RadioCraft Staudasher, but 5945 on rud..