Community
Search
Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

PAMPA again

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 12:02 AM
EJN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PAMPA again

There is another PAMPA fight going on over on the
Stuka Stunt Works forum, over something John Brodak
said in the latest Stunt News. They've managed to
out-do even the AMA forum here. This is why I let my
PAMPA membership lapse. Nice magazine, too much
petty politics. Also, it struck me as a private club
for the benefit of a small percentage of the total
membership.
Geez, it's only a hobby.

This is why I have come to hate ALL hobby organizations.

Added on Edit - for the record I have nothing against John Brodak.
Old 11-11-2004, 11:00 AM
gcb

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: PAMPA again

Well it IS a SIG (special interest group) for Precision Aerobatics, not a general CL group.

To each his own. I generally read a few of the gripes then move on. Sometimes statements are not written as intended.

Which reminds me, I still have to send my dues. Thanks.

George
Old 11-11-2004, 12:21 PM
Jim Thomerson

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The most important single thing PAMPA has done was to develop the widely used skill classes; Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, and Expert. in stunt. I would not have taken up stunt without them. The promotion of Old Time Stunt and Classic Stunt is also very positive, and I enjoy both. Years ago, I dropped out of PAMPA because of personality cat fights. I'll probably hang in there this time because I have grown more tolerant of foibles in my old age.
Old 11-12-2004, 04:45 PM
highflyinguy

Guys, Let us not foget, that if it were not for the history of PAMPA and John Brodak, there would be no C/L flying today. There petty arguments and disagreements are the same type that go on in many clubs of all kinds around this country. It's called freedom of speech.

Happy Belated Veterans Day, Jerry Bohn FTM1
Old 11-13-2004, 01:29 AM
tperry2054
My Feedback: (15)

Jerry,

Back atcha on the Veterans Day Shipmate.

Has your flying season closed down yet? Getting pretty grim here, cool, wet and windy. I'm building 12 half a jobs for the grandkids. Two for each, one solid wing trainer, one built up, and one baby bee each with plenty of plastic props.

Are the 9-5s still your weapon of choice for the LA25? I hope it is still running good for you.

Tight lines,

Tom
Old 11-13-2004, 04:50 PM
highflyinguy

Tom, Our winters never totally shut down flying, there are weeks in the 50's and no snow, and weeks in the teens with 3"-4" of snow on the ground. It's very diffrent than back east, like Chicago where I was born and raised. I moved out here 50 years ago and never missed Chi Town, weatherwise.
The OS25 is still running great, I use the Zinger 9x5 when it's a bit windy but use an Zinger 9x4 when it's calm, it's a coin toss actually, both will work but the 9x5 seems to pull it thru the wind a tad better.
Dont know why more people don't use this forum, perhaps cause it has a R/C conotation.
Did you cathch the FTM1 after my name?
Jerry
Old 11-24-2004, 01:21 PM
tperry2054

Jerry,

You probably forgot I mentioned it, I retired in 81 as a DSC. I will see if I can call you again soon. Need to know how your doing with that Barn Stormer.

I just picked up a used LA 46 from the marketplace here on RCU. It was better than expected. Excellent compression not much wear and tear on the finish. The only thing wrong with it was the enlarged holes in the mounting lugs. Seems pretty much the norm for an engine bought from an RCer. I also bought a new Norvel .061 on a close out at the LHS. So I will be working on a big and small model this winter.

Instead of getting a conventional NVA for the .46 I think I will turn a venturi from nylon and tap into the side of it with the RC NVA and see I it will work ok as a dribbler. I think I can angle it back to get the knuckles away from the prop. I have an FP 40 with a worn cylinder and piston but in otherwise good shape that I will be using the backplate from. I may also use the crank out of it as it is built better and is more balanced than the 46 crank.

I was looking to buy an LA 25 like yours but it seems the market demands more money for the .25 than the .46.

Keep in touch and have a happy Thanksgiving,

Tom Perry
Old 11-24-2004, 03:39 PM
highflyinguy

Tom, You might want to check Stukas forum, they have a current post going on about OS LA needle valve set ups. I put a new OS 46 LA in my last plane to replece an OS 40 fp just to see how it ran . It did great with the remote N/V, but I did replace the plastic back plate. So check on Stuka for more inputs.
The Barnstormer is doing great, it has been a week since I flew it because it has been snowing off and on and is supposed to contiue snow for the weekend. I'm flying off a grass multi-soccer field for now. If I had a paved place to fly, I'd be out flying today.
My advice is use the remote N/V and if you want to change, use the OS front needle valve or a Aero needle valve. The Super Tigre one I got from Stuka ( ST clone) is trash, not an authentic S/T OEM. If you go with anything other than an OS N/V it may require a custom venturi to get the choking correct.
Have fun and by all means keep in touch here or on Stukas forum.
What the heck is a DSC?
Jerry
Old 11-24-2004, 06:29 PM
highflyinguy

Tom, You are welcome to email me at: [email protected]
I'm unemployed at the moment and have 1 1/2 years till early Social Security( gonna get it while it's there).
Having a hard time getting a new job, I believe I'm running into the illegal age discimination thing. So I'll be on line at the forums a lot.
Jerry
Old 11-24-2004, 11:49 PM
tperry2054

Jerry,

Data Systems Technician, Chief

Tom
Old 11-25-2004, 09:31 AM
highflyinguy

Tom, The post on Stuka is actually "Help on OS LA 40 Setup"
What tribe is Data Systems Tecnician, being a Chief is a great honor, Nuk! Nuk!
Have a good Tanksgiving.
Jerry