Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

My Names Ryan and i need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 08:18 PM
Ryan257

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Names Ryan and i need help!!

My Names Ryan, im 13 in january, and i want a car i can use for... Whatever, i mean Speedy and just coolness, also drifting!!
i have £300 - £350 to spend so i want something cool, this will be my first and only car for a long time so i want it to be able to tune it!
i dont mind building it myself but i want the Radio into the price.

Does anyone know any meets/clubs/racetracks/driftmeets in the south wales/ bristol area?
Thanks Again!

Ryan
Old 12-25-2006, 08:20 PM
Ryan257

Default RE: My Names Ryan and i need help!!

nitrous and a street use car preferbly!!
Old 12-26-2006, 07:01 PM
hands without shadows

A nitro car doesnt drift very well and "whatever" and "street use" dont go well together. Are you sure you want a car? How about a buggy, truck or monster truck? Buggies, trucks and monster trucks can go just as fast as cars but they have more suspension travel for offroad and jumps.

300-500 quid is a good budget that will buy you a nice setup, and I commend you for not minding a kit. RTR is slowly ruining this hobby.
Old 12-26-2006, 07:31 PM
ry5no2

CEN Racing Matrix C-1 RTR LOOK

http://www.hobbystores.co.uk/asp/FS_...electedtab=040

Look at the store locator as well to see if you can get the free glow starter and fuel, if that offer is still on!!

Ive recently got an TTR EB-4 and its great

OH AND BTW MY NAME IS RYAN TOO ISNT IT GREAT, lol

Ryan
Old 12-26-2006, 07:46 PM
krazor

Any idea what type you want electric or Nitro

I have no experiance of electric i only run nitro so Id say get a nitro monster truck an Mgt or Savage are just within you budget there huge if your not used to rc cars and make a kick ass wake the neighbours racket and can be hopped up to make them stronger

you could also get a schumacher rascal £180 RTR im just running one in and loving it
Its tiny with big stadium truck wheels and the .18 engine on such a light car makes it very quick and can take a beating
and dont be fooled by the top end of 40mph it feels a lot faster when your ripping off road
http://www.racing-cars.com/products.asp?recnumber=15957

The downsides of nityro is it can get messy with the oil and its quite expensive to get nitro fuel around £15 for 2.5 ltrs
Old 12-26-2006, 08:01 PM
ry5no2

krazor howe come youve been here for so long

But have only done 32 post,

sorry just wondering

Ryan
Old 12-26-2006, 08:24 PM
krazor

i dont like posting advice unless i have experienced it myself incase im wrong and somebody messes up there truck[]

ive only been rcing for about 3 years i got my first nitro a Schumacher XTR3E for xmas in 2005 and im still learning so dont post much unless i need help on something.

First time i started that thing up i was clueless so was on the kitchen table with the trim set way up as it wouldnt start. When it did the car shot across the room I shot up and clung to the ceiling light the girlfriend made a run for the door and the cat dissapeared and still hasnt come back. I didnt have a clue how to turn it off but luckily a minuted later of wheelspining up the kitchen cabinet it stalled out