Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Who's got a Speed-T??

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 07:50 PM
Rather-B-Huntin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who's got a Speed-T??

Looking for feed back from owners of the new Losi Speed-T.

Wondering what kind of batteries you're using, what kind of run times your getting, what you may not like about the car, etc.

From all of these cars I've seen and read, I'd love to have one. But since it's so new, I'd like to hear some first hand accounts before I flop down the $$$ for one.

Mainly interested in what kind of run times your getting and with which battery.

Thanks!
Old 03-25-2008, 07:59 PM
new2heli

Default RE: Who's got a Speed-T??

i have one, it sucks

it lasted like 2 runs on a 7 cell 3000 nimh but it did make a funny sound sometimes, then i bought a venom 3 cell lipo 4000mah and broke in 30 seconds

the amazing 12 year china child that works in the assembly line decided to put a diff gear that was black in color and was even 5 teeth to small and stripped itself

i ordered a replacement and it was white and bigger

WOW i am offically done with RTR vehicles and stick with kits

thank god i bought a baja ss, instead of a RTR
Old 03-26-2008, 08:56 PM
hmhoshi

Rather-B-Huntin;

I have a Speed-T running a Venom 5000 nimh pack and have not experienced any of the things the described in the previous post. The only thing I have a complaint about is how fragile the front suspension and steering is. I just barely tapped curb with Speed-T and it destroyed the entire front end. It wasn't even neer the impact that my XXX-T Sport brushless has survived.

I am installing a bumper for protection but I have to do some modifing so I can get the front assembly mount properly.

As for run times, I ran it for about 20 misutes and when I stuck the battery on the charger it didn't even take a 1000 mah.

Henry
Old 03-29-2008, 11:25 AM
andrewdwhitney

I get about 35 minutes using a lipo 11.1 3700 mah

it is fragile. broke 2 a arms the second day i had it.

The ESC caught fire the other day. Called Losi and they're going to send me a new one.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:49 AM
hmhoshi

I am still having a little trouble trying to get the bumper to fit, because I sure don't want to destroy the front end again. To call it a bit fragile is an understatement. I broke my front end when I barely kissed the curb and that was with full brake, and that was less than a normal hit with my XXX-T Sport. I sure wish they had something to protect the front end from impact, because it sure would survive a race.

So far my ESC works well but I have to see how mine works after I get it up and running again.

I know I have to use the skid plate (Losa4132) or what looks like it, instead of the XXX-T bumper that I want to use. The bumper just doesn't allow the front shock and supension and steering assembly to mount properly. Or I might be doing it all wrong?

I will post a photo of what I have so far.

Henry
Old 03-29-2008, 07:52 PM
TheTruckingGuru

ORIGINAL: andrewdwhitney

I get about 35 minutes using a lipo 11.1 3700 mah

it is fragile. broke 2 a arms the second day i had it.

The ESC caught fire the other day. Called Losi and they're going to send me a new one.
To bad about the ESC catching fire. I thought this would be a good "upgrade pack" for the Rustler. This is the first I heared about the ESC but I have yet to read of a durable Speed T. I have also heard the of the differentials shredding in 30 seconds on a different forum.