Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Recever Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 01:54 AM
charmanderxd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recever Questions

Hi every one this is my first time owning a rc so i recently bought a pistol system, i have a Hitec aggressor and it uses 8 AA batteries, so i put energizer's rechargeable batteries(NiMh). and i bought a overnight charger for my Hitec and it says HiCd charger.[X(] sooo would it be okay if i charged the batteries with the overnight charger i bought or should i charge the batteries on a rechargeable dock that is compatible with both?

Old 03-27-2008, 02:57 AM
Longhair

Default RE: Recever Questions

You should look into one of those NiMh battery packs.

Since I don't know exactly what model you have I can only give you this link as an idea --> http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFRT6&P=7
Old 03-27-2008, 07:16 AM
mkoresh12

With the energizer batteries you should use a separate charger, not the one that plugs into the Radio. Read the radio manual, but I'm thinking you can't charge a regular AA battery through the radios charge jack. That jack is typically used to charge batteries such as the one linked to above. They typically aren't charged through the contacts for regular AA's but through the lead you see on that pack.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:18 PM
charmanderxd

Well it says it only uses aa batteries and it says only use nicd or nimh or alkaline(i know this is not rechargeable) batteries and theres no batterie pack for this one. And then it tells me to connect the hitech CG-25 overnight charger to the charging jack located under the switch to charge. My recever is a 3 ch aggressor fm.

and then it gives me the estimated time on how long the batteries will charge.
-nicad 12-16 hours
-nimh 24-36 hours

Thanks for helping you guys im just worried the batteries will explode when it charges.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:20 PM
charmanderxd

this is it http://cgi.ebay.com/Hitec-Aggressor-...QQcmdZViewItem

hope that helps.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:28 PM
mkoresh12

I downloaded the manual. You may be able to charge it that way. Does your Radio have the removable battery tray?(not just the cover) Some manuals are for multiple models so check that first. Otherwise as long as they are rechargeable you should have no problem.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:46 PM
charmanderxd

ya it dose not have a removable battery tray[:@].

But thanks a bunch mkoresh12