Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Cowl cutting...

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 05:39 PM
whidbey1
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cowl cutting...

Hi All
I am about to cut my cowel on a 35% Radiowave Panzel, it has a one piece cowl and I am using a DA-100 for power.
I have had a few 35%'s in the past, is there a way to make small holes for the mufflers and still get the cowl on the plane.
My thoughts were to put the mufflers on after the cowl was in place, anyone tried that before?

Thanks

Bill
Old 01-19-2005, 06:09 PM
famousdave
My Feedback: (61)

Default RE: Cowl cutting...

Your going to want a bunch of exhaust air out the bottom anyway, not sure what you are trying to achieve... typically we baffle the air on the front of the cowl around the cylinders and then we cut a 4x opening the bottom of the cowl to allow the air out.... doing that rarely interferes with putting the cowl on after the mufflers are installed..

Perhaps a picture??

DP
Old 01-19-2005, 09:29 PM
RTK
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Cowl cutting...

Bill I am not familiar with that plane but, I always cut my exhaust stacks a lot shorter than factory. I leave them only long enough to poke thru an inch or so. That way you have less butchering to do.