Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

SEPERATES SETUP WITH REVO

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

SEPERATES SETUP WITH REVO

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 05:10 PM
fireplug1111
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SEPERATES SETUP WITH REVO

Im looking at going to seperates on a heli Im going to buy from a friend. I have two speed controls for the mail and tail motor. I have a 6 channel rx and a radio with revo. I have a gws gyro. PG03 How do I set up the radio for mixing. I have a JR XP662 radio. What mixing do I use. Helihobby has it on thier web site but it does not mention on how to set up the mixing.
Alan
Old 01-30-2005, 07:36 PM
evlfkr
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: SEPERATES SETUP WITH REVO

try this its where I went for the answers, http://www.helihobby.com/html/seperate_electronics.html
Old 01-30-2005, 08:58 PM
fireplug1111

Do you have seperates now? and if so please share how you did it?

Thanks Alan
Old 01-31-2005, 06:45 AM
acr1346

His link is the one to see how to wire it up. The 662 instruction book page 76 tells you how to activate
mixing chnls. You will mix chnl 1 and 4 (throttle and rudder). You will have to play around for the
correct amount of mixing. Start with 35% chnl 1 master and 4 slave. More mixing right turn, less
mixing left turn.........dive in!
Old 01-31-2005, 07:10 AM
VinceHerman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I set up my Piccolo with a pg03 gyro and revo mixing many times. Different ratio (Futaba 9ch) so I cannot help there. But the one thing that I did that made the biggest impact will help you too. Get or make a turn table.

I used an old GWS Litestick gearbox. The piece of lite ply is bolted on like a prop. I clamped a board to my workbench and clamped the turntable to the board so that the whole assemble would be out in free air, out of ground effect. Rubberbands hold the heli to the table.
Being able to spool up, adjust mix, work at different throttle settings without having to worry about flying the model let me dial in perfect mixing at all throttle levels.
Much better than the trial and error method I was using before this.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:28 AM
fireplug1111

AWESOME

Thanks Alan
Old 01-31-2005, 08:51 AM
RCelectrichelinut

I have a dragonfly I coverted to seperates and brushless. It has the pg-03 gyro. I don't even use the mixing and it flies fine.There is some rudder adjustment to do while flying but not much, it's good practice for me anyways. I actually changed to a gy-240 and didn't notice much difference so I switched back to the pg-o3 because it is lighter.

I have himaxx 5400 rpm motor
Phoneix 10 controller
DD rear motor
Hitec 6 channel receiver
Futaba 7chp(with mixing off)
Pg-03 gyro

I have also cut it down quite a bit. The boom,flybars,paddles and blades. It flies very stable and is great for indoor flying now.