Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Questions about Shockwave 55

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Questions about Shockwave 55

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 12:02 PM
khkim0102

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about Shockwave 55

Hello, everyone!

There is a tiny hall on the cap of the fuel tank of SW 55. What is it for? It looks like a breather, but when it flips over, isn't there gas leaking? If so, isn't there any way to prevent gas leaking?

There are 2 lines going to the caburator from the fuel tank. What is the other line for?

If anyone is willing to give me answers, it will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much for your answer.

Old 04-28-2008, 12:21 PM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Questions about Shockwave 55

Hi Kim,Welcome back..... [)] ,the hole is a vent/breather opening, without it,the engine would eventually starve for fuel so DON'T plug it up,and yes,should it flip the fuel would become contaminated with water.... [:@] ,what others have been doin to help offset this is to attach a water (not milk) nipple to the hole,with a length of looped silicon hose,this still allows it to vent,but should not introduce any contaminates into the tank should it take a dunkin,the second line comin from your carb is a return line from your primer bulb (basically), should you decide to switch carbs to a Wa 257, then one of the lines is simply plugged... [8D] , I hope you took the time out to tighten the clutch to crank bolt on your set-up.....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	He97453.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	939047  
Old 04-30-2008, 11:07 AM
khkim0102

Hi, Mopartybob!

How are you? How do you enjoy running boats?

Above all, I thank you so much for your attention and answer.

Here, in Saskatchewan, Canada, it is still cool. But fortunately, the lakes around here are almost opened up. Just partially frozen. I have been waiting for running my boats for 6 months.

Here, the lakes are frozen for 6 months! Absolutely this is terrible. In the near future, I want to go back to my home province British Columbia where the lakes are so beautiful and all-year-round opend.

Anyway, my hands have been so itch for running boats, and I am looking foward to the first running my Shockwave 55. I really hope it woud be successful. I am quite nervous now.

But as you recommended before, I am going to do renforcing the hull maybe today or tomorrow (because of my busy work, it is not easy to concentrate on my hobby.)

By the way, should I do renforcing around the engine mount or the entire inside of the hull? Doen't the weight of renforcing reduce the maximum speed of the boat?

If you don't mind, could I ask one more question, please?

I have an Wicked Angel nitro boat made by Mega Tech. This boat has a clutch, and this causes losing a lot of speed. Isnt' there any way to remove the clutch and to make it a direct-drive system?

Oh, what is the water nipple that you mentioned? Where can I get it? And should I leave the other end of the silicone tube opened that is attached on the fuel cap?

Sorry for many questions.

Once again, thank you so much for your attention and kindness.

Your friend Kim

Old 04-30-2008, 11:56 AM
mopartybob

Hi Kim,re-inforce all that you see and don't see,front to back,up the sides, the engine rails and transom area, the extra weight wont matter much as this is a sport boat and not a race boat,I suggest doin this as a precaution,just in case of a rough tumble,it wont come apart at the seams...literally... [:@] ,in lieu of using a water nipple,you can use brass tubing that will fit the silicone hose,and epoxy it to the hole in the cap,you might have to enlargen the hole,yes,leave the other end of the hose open, I'm not familiar with the wicked angel nitro boat,but if you post your question in the nitro forum,I'm sure one of the hotshots there will be able to give you good advice...
Old 05-01-2008, 12:37 PM
khkim0102

Hi, Mopartybob!

Once again, thank you so much for your answer. I hope my boat runs very well.

Talk to later. Have a good day!
Old 05-01-2008, 12:41 PM
mopartybob

no problem buddy,be safe.....
Old 05-29-2008, 11:32 AM
mopartybob

Hi kim, there is a posting somewhere in this forum for a starter belt/pully system,give me a sec. to find it......here ya go... http://www.redlinemotors.us/#/modifi...rts/4524610455 this should help you with the pain in your butt..... maybe someone can chime in here a good 24V starter to kick this thing over with....
Old 05-29-2008, 04:55 PM
mopartybob

anyone??? [8D]