Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

zenoah g-20 ei

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 05:31 PM
geeter
My Feedback: (110)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default zenoah g-20 ei

was flying today. the walbro carb on my g-20 came loose. really the black plastic piece behind the carb came loose. i tightned it right back up but the motor wouldn't run right. the gaskets are ok. now it won't even start at all. what gives ? did the shaking for a few minutes ruin my carb......looks ok...........thanks...........RON
Old 03-30-2013, 06:13 PM
earlwb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: zenoah g-20 ei

The reed valve cage of leafs came loose and are likely out of position, you'll need to check that carefully when you reassemble it. Do check the gaskets to make sure they aren't leaking as well.  Usually they replace the gaskets whenever the carb is removed from the engine. So it might be wise to do so too.

Old 03-31-2013, 01:44 AM
ZAGNUT
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

reed valve on a zenoah G-20?

a gasket or something may have shifted enough to cover the pulse passage from the jug to the carb.....or if you took the gaskets off when checking them you may have put one back on in the wrong position and covered the pulse passage?
Old 03-31-2013, 03:32 AM
geeter

i checked the gaskets and pulse holes.there in the right place. i'll look at it again today. there was no gasket between the carb and plastic mount. it seems to me there should be one there too. engine ran good before this. it isn't getting gas at all i can tell by priming it and it will run for two seconds but that's it.........thanks guys..................RON
Old 03-31-2013, 06:15 AM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

If it was running okay before and now it will only run on the prime means that the carb is not supplying fuel, which sounds like you have an air leak between the carb and the engine.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:32 AM
earlwb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My mistake, sorry. I forgot.

OK it sounds like the pulse line is blocked somehow thus the pulses from the cankcase are not getting to the carb pump diaphragm. You might want to check that carefully. Of course having a gasket not seal up good could do it too.

Worse it could be a coincidence but the carb might need new diaphragms from rebuild kit too. Or the fuel inlet valve on the regulator side is stuck and blocking off the fuel too.

Old 03-31-2013, 08:40 AM
ZAGNUT
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: earlwb Or the fuel inlet valve on the regulator side is stuck and blocking off the fuel too.

i have one carb that will do that if it sits for more than a couple hours without running....finally got smart and drilled an extra breather hole dead center in the diaphragm cover, before trying to start the engine i use a toothpick to depress the little nub in the middle of the diaphragm and all is good.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:54 AM
jymz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need to have a gasket between the carb and the insulator. If it ran without one before you were lucky. Its a $0.99 part at Horizon.
Old 03-31-2013, 04:51 PM
geeter

yeah your right. i put one in there and it's ok......thanks. it had an air leak at that point.........RON