Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Use off-road chassis for on road/drift?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 03:50 PM
IcyBishop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Use off-road chassis for on road/drift?

I'm in the process of resurrecting my classics and the one car I can't figure out a route to go is my Tamiya Stadium Blitzer. I have an off-road bruiser truck, an off road "race" truck, an on-road 4wd ride, and then there's the Blitzer. I was thinking of doing a drift car for fun but definitely don't want to buy another car.

So if I put some slicks on this thing would it be drift-able or should I just keep it as an off-road car?<br type="_moz" />
Old 04-04-2011, 05:02 PM
dragnse7en
Banned

Default RE: Use off-road chassis for on road/drift?

I would ask the drifters people in the UK or Malyasia about that. I wouldn't bother if I couldn't lower my ride height to around 5mm. You would want to eliminate as much of the chassis roll as possible, since it is way too much vs a tamiya touring car.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:32 PM
jprc94

I just rebuilt my drift car, as long as you can drop the chassis down to about 5 mm or 6 tops, you should be okay. i mean you could drift with a higher chassis ofcourse, but It would most likely flip alot of the time, But as long as it is all wheels drive and has slicks you should be fine.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:02 AM
skylinee

ive got the skyline TAO4
Old 04-05-2011, 03:00 PM
IcyBishop

ORIGINAL: skylinee

ive got the skyline TAO4
nice! I ordered an IS300 body for my TA02 - the problem is I can't find wheels so that I can make it look like my actual car!

Thanks for the comments - once I get my other cars to where I'm happy with them I'll see what the future holds for the blitzer
<br type="_moz" />