Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Strongest axles?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 05:01 AM
craigrobbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strongest axles?

Hey guys,

I am after building a speedy rockracer (likley to be mamba max powered) but I'll be using a center diff from a buggy so it'll be direct drive & FAST.

However it will also be a basher so i want axles that will take a good imact without shattering.

I would prefer impact resistant nylon or somthing similar so i can thrash it around at the skate parks & take it off some muddy jumps etc

It'd rather it be 2.2 size (but i dont mind if your said super axles are stronger)

I would prefer plastic however same again if they are alloy its not a major issue as long as they are strong.

Finally they must have a working diff (not a locked diff/straight axle)

The only axles i have experiance with really are Clod & Gmade, However both are made from ABS and tend to crack and be brittle upon impact and are also super size.

I know Hpi plastics are quite flexbile & this would lead me to belive the Wheelie king would follow suit and be an INCREDIBLY strong axle (for impacts)

Thanks for help in advance.

Craig
Old 10-15-2011, 07:17 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Strongest axles?

i would go with axial axles.

even a good brushed motor can snap the driveshaft inside the HPI wheely king axle(i know, ive done it)

the axial ax10 or scx10 axle is very strong stock. even stronger if you upgrade the hubs to alloy.

you can get said axles with open diffs.

the plastic of the axle is also very tough.

i had an axial ax10, which i put a brushless system on it, 3s lipo, and 2.2 sand paddle tires. it would go 35mph and had tons of torque(could wheely) and the axles handled the power just fine.
Old 10-16-2011, 03:17 PM
K_B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Strongest axles?

Sounds to me like all you need is an 1/8 buggy. But if you wanna do straight axles, look into Kyosho Mad Force axles. They're bigger, but you can narrow them if needed and they use 1/8 scale internals.