Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

New to the RC World

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 03:35 PM
BryanJohkah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the RC World

About a year ago i start watching and subscribing to RC Youtubers. You might know RC Sparks. He's the biggest reason i wanna get into RC. So recently i've been looking for a good first RC. But i cant decide between the ECX Torment 1/18 scale $99 or the Redcat Racing Blackout SC 1/10 scale $129. I really want the Redcat but its a little pricey. Is it worth the money or should i just get the ECX? its cheaper, about the same features and i dont need something killer awesome. I just need something fun, cheap, and something i can thrash in the georgia mud and dirt and some puddles and not have to worry if it crashes or gets sunk in water.
Old 09-01-2016, 05:13 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Save your money. If you buy something cheap, you will need to repair it a whole lot. It is always better to save up and buy what is right then to get whatever's cheapest, as I have learned in this hobby.

By the way, RCs cannot run in dirt and water without waterproofing electronics. For that reason, save up a good $250-275 total and then buy yourself this stuff as the only waterproofing you will need to do is put the LiPO in a balloon.

Truck; http://www.horizonhobby.com/TRA58024...FVg8gQodehsOcQ

Charger; http://www.atomikrc.com/collections/...alance-charger

Batteries (buy as many as you can); http://www.atomikrc.com/collections/...ard-case-w-uni
Old 09-01-2016, 05:52 PM
BryanJohkah

I'd rather just get something cheap. I may not even like RC after this first RC. Why spend 200 bucks on something i get bored with in less than a year.
Old 09-02-2016, 08:43 AM
The Saylors

From my experience stay away from redcat. most people that get one just don't like them as they break and get boring. I have seen the torment but its not waterproof, saw the guy hit one puddle and he couldn't move. Collector is right, save up. I know it seems like starting cheap is smart but this is just one of those hobbys that doesn't work that way. Example is that if you got into motorcycles you wouldn't want the cheapest crap on craigslist as you will spend the rest of your life looking for parts and putting them on as well as spending time on the side of the road broke down. I always tell people that if you don't have $300-$400 to start out then you are gunna have a hard time. My recommendation for starters is the 2wd slash vxl. Its water proof (this does not mean its a submarine lol), super fast, lots of upgrades to keep you interested, and tough as can be after a couple minor hop ups. I know its not what you wanna hear but its a truth that we have all learned the hard way. All of the guys here are good people and would not steer you wrong! Most of the guys that start off cheap lose interest because those rc's are so boring out of the box on top of having no resale value if you do decide to bail.
Old 09-02-2016, 11:32 AM
RustyUs

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

You definitely want to at least get a 1/10 scale RC. Going any smaller will greatly limit surfaces to run on...especially if you are planning on something off-road. I would listen to them dudes above. Save a bit more and get a reliable 2wd/NiMh/brushed motor short course truck, stadium truck, or monster truck platform. Those would be, what I call, the most fun to price ratio category of RTR RCs.

That being said, and you don't change your mind, just read/view reviews on any RC you are thinking about purchasing. The Blackout line of Redcats is one of the only platforms that intrigues me. Very attractive price tag of $129 for the Blackout SC is a good price. Redcat is trying to become more mainstream. I don't think they are quite there yet IMO. Some more thought needs to be put into their RCs for me to jump onboard. Motor mounts screws obstructed to go along with two of my peeves..."Manuals" that are only exploded views and weird gear pitches drives me away from suggesting someone to start "RCing" with that brand. Redcat needs actual manuals that actually show you step-by-step how the RC goes together. If only plan on running mild motors and 6 cell batteries, the SC may hold up well after getting a new reliable servo with metal gears and ditching the servo saver. Just make sure you have parts support when the inevitable happens.

My money would be on 2wd SC trucks from the more popular brands though.

Good luck.
Get out there and throw some dirt!

Last edited by RustyUs; 09-02-2016 at 02:47 PM.
Old 09-02-2016, 05:32 PM
BryanJohkah

How about the Torment 1/10? Theres a guy on here that has 2 blue slashs * truth and dare or something* and he got one and said it was faster and more durable. Didnt say if it was waterproof though.
Old 09-02-2016, 05:33 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There are some redcat models I have liked a lot, but the brushed electric models have little upgrade potential and less runtime than the brushless do.
Quick info, brushed vs brushless: refers to the type of electric motor. Brushless is faster and the motors usually last longer.
I like the redcat tornado epx pro...the brushless version. But that's around $200
If you want to stay under $200, then a ECX 1/10 scale...the ruckus or the torment...is you best bet. They are around $160-$180 and come with a battery. They are tough, handle nice, can drive on many different terrain, have upgrade potential.

I get you not wanting to spend nearly $200 in case you get bored with it. But think of it this way, you are much more likely to be happy with a $180 torment 1/10 scale than a smaller 1/18 scale or a 1/10 brushed redcat.
AND, if you do get bored with the torment you can sell it for $100-$120 pretty easy. The $99 ecx or any brushed redcat will be harder to resell and you will lose more of what you spent.
In other words, buy the higher quality model and you wont lose as much money when you/if you sell it.

Many of us here have had smaller scale models, and some el-cheapo Chinese models. But they are usually in addition to our tried and true 1/10 scale (more expensive) models.

My personal fav is the team associated SC10. It costs $200 and you still have to buy a battery and charger, but it is tough as nails, handles awesome and is just a great all around truck. But ive owned a ECX 1/10 torment and it was also tough and fun to drive. Save a few more $$$, whether you stick with the hobby or not you will be better off buying a better model.
Old 09-02-2016, 06:02 PM
BryanJohkah

Originally Posted by nitrosportsandrunner
There are some redcat models I have liked a lot, but the brushed electric models have little upgrade potential and less runtime than the brushless do.
Quick info, brushed vs brushless: refers to the type of electric motor. Brushless is faster and the motors usually last longer.
I like the redcat tornado epx pro...the brushless version. But that's around $200
If you want to stay under $200, then a ECX 1/10 scale...the ruckus or the torment...is you best bet. They are around $160-$180 and come with a battery. They are tough, handle nice, can drive on many different terrain, have upgrade potential.

I get you not wanting to spend nearly $200 in case you get bored with it. But think of it this way, you are much more likely to be happy with a $180 torment 1/10 scale than a smaller 1/18 scale or a 1/10 brushed redcat.
AND, if you do get bored with the torment you can sell it for $100-$120 pretty easy. The $99 ecx or any brushed redcat will be harder to resell and you will lose more of what you spent.
In other words, buy the higher quality model and you wont lose as much money when you/if you sell it.

Many of us here have had smaller scale models, and some el-cheapo Chinese models. But they are usually in addition to our tried and true 1/10 scale (more expensive) models.

My personal fav is the team associated SC10. It costs $200 and you still have to buy a battery and charger, but it is tough as nails, handles awesome and is just a great all around truck. But ive owned a ECX 1/10 torment and it was also tough and fun to drive. Save a few more $$$, whether you stick with the hobby or not you will be better off buying a better model.
I've started looking at the Slash, give me a link to the best cheapest one? Also, in real life pre runners run 2WD for weight reduction, does that matter in RC? This question goes with it, Slash 2 or 4 wheel drive?
Old 09-02-2016, 07:19 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Here is how I see the slash compared to the torment

torment is cheaper, handles better
Slash has more aftermarket parts available but is more expensive and only a bit faster (top speed) out of the box
The torment can match the slash's speed with just a better battery as the slash comes with a higher voltage battery

Nothing wrong with choosing the slash, I personally prefer the torment. Both are good trucks.

4wd vs 2wd...well you can do a bit more off road with 4wd and handling at higher speeds is a bit better...but the cost is much higher, there are more parts to break.

I often buy new RC's from tower hobbies. Usually they have the lowest (or within $10) price of anywhere online (once you put in the regular discount code) they ship fast and if anything should be wrong with the rc they will take care of you. I also like the "easy pay" option that lets me spread out the purchase over 3 months (no interest) That option might make it so you can increase your spending limit a bit if you wanted to.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:33 PM
BryanJohkah

Here is how I see the slash compared to the torment

torment is cheaper, handles better
Slash has more aftermarket parts available but is more expensive and only a bit faster (top speed) out of the box
The torment can match the slash's speed with just a better battery as the slash comes with a higher voltage battery

Nothing wrong with choosing the slash, I personally prefer the torment. Both are good trucks.

4wd vs 2wd...well you can do a bit more off road with 4wd and handling at higher speeds is a bit better...but the cost is much higher, there are more parts to break.

I often buy new RC's from tower hobbies. Usually they have the lowest (or within $10) price of anywhere online (once you put in the regular discount code) they ship fast and if anything should be wrong with the rc they will take care of you. I also like the "easy pay" option that lets me spread out the purchase over 3 months (no interest) That option might make it so you can increase your spending limit a bit if you wanted to.
Out of the box what is "best'? Sounds like you're saying the Torment is better (atleast with a different battery) but the Traxxas has more aftermarket parts.
Old 09-03-2016, 08:12 AM
EXT2Rob

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ah, now you're starting to see that the concept of "best" is very subjective, as it surely is. It really comes down to "what is best for YOU. And that is determined by what you want to do with an RC. You HAVE given us some hints in your original post, but your budget requirements may limit your choices. And about that budget: You DO realize that the cost of the vehicle is only HALF of what you're going to need to invest, right? You're going to need a decent charger, that's $60. And you're going to want at least a couple 5000mah 2S Lipo packs. Those will set you back at least $50 each. And what about tools? Do you have any hex drivers or nut drivers? Going to need bearing cleaner and lube too. And a IR thermometer is a pretty essential tool box item. So you see, this is NOT a hobby for the ill-of-means. (It ain't a cheap hobby)

Do you live near a hobby store, or will you have to buy everything online? Hobby stores ALWAYS carry Traxxas, usually ECX, they NEVER carry Redcat. You can order parts from many online sources, but ordering online from domestic warehouses will save you from waiting WEEKS for parts from overseas, like you would for Redcat.

From the sounds of your original post, it sounds to me like you'd be more interested in something like an Axial rig like the SCX10, which is a popular scale-n-trail type rig, or, a Yeti, that is a rock racer. So ya might look into those.

Waterproofing. #1: Electricity and water don't mix. THE most sensitive component in an RC is the receiver. It doesn't take much to kill one of them. Some ESCs are labeled "waterproof", but what it really means is that they can take a "splash" and not fail. It DOESN'T mean you can submerge it! Receivers can be put inside a balloon and made pretty safe, but waterproofing an ESC is a much dicier prospect. Certainly, you should start out with one that is water resistant, but if you want to submerge one, you'll have to do a lot more research to actually waterPROOF one. Then there's the battery. You don't want water getting into the case and getting the cells wet. (BTW, only buy Hard Case lipos, not the soft sided ones) So putting the Lipo in a balloon is also required for wet running. BRUSHED motors can run in water all day. (Indeed, look up "breaking in a brushed motor in water") But brushless motors, unless it's a sealed can, won't like getting wet as much. And in ANY case, if you run an RC in the wet/mud, you'd BETTER be prepared for a major cleaning job afterwards. EVERY bearing will need removal and cleaning and lubing. and the motor will also need cleaning and its bearings cleaned and lubed.

2wd RCs can be had for less because there are less parts and the running gear is simpler. 4wd RCs can be easier to drive fast because they're just easier to control in loose conditions, where it's easier to spin out a 2wd car. It takes skill to drive a 2wd fast, that's why the elite racing class is 2wd buggy. 4wd RCs have more complex running gear in order to get power to the front wheels. "More to go wrong"? Maybe, but that's NOT to say that they are more un-reliable than a 2wd. Just more complex.

Like NSSR said, save up your money, buy something 1/10 scale, and something that will be attractive to someone else to buy IF you decide this hobby isn't for you. And, do a little more research. Think more about what you really want to do with an RC: You wanna go fast? Or do you want a crawler to go over rocks and rough terrain? (Some "rock racers" have a two-speed tranny allowing you to "crawl" over rocks, but also go fast in the more open places.)
Old 09-03-2016, 10:19 AM
BryanJohkah

Originally Posted by EXT2Rob
Ah, now you're starting to see that the concept of "best" is very subjective, as it surely is. It really comes down to "what is best for YOU. And that is determined by what you want to do with an RC. You HAVE given us some hints in your original post, but your budget requirements may limit your choices. And about that budget: You DO realize that the cost of the vehicle is only HALF of what you're going to need to invest, right? You're going to need a decent charger, that's $60. And you're going to want at least a couple 5000mah 2S Lipo packs. Those will set you back at least $50 each. And what about tools? Do you have any hex drivers or nut drivers? Going to need bearing cleaner and lube too. And a IR thermometer is a pretty essential tool box item. So you see, this is NOT a hobby for the ill-of-means. (It ain't a cheap hobby)

Do you live near a hobby store, or will you have to buy everything online? Hobby stores ALWAYS carry Traxxas, usually ECX, they NEVER carry Redcat. You can order parts from many online sources, but ordering online from domestic warehouses will save you from waiting WEEKS for parts from overseas, like you would for Redcat.

From the sounds of your original post, it sounds to me like you'd be more interested in something like an Axial rig like the SCX10, which is a popular scale-n-trail type rig, or, a Yeti, that is a rock racer. So ya might look into those.

Waterproofing. #1: Electricity and water don't mix. THE most sensitive component in an RC is the receiver. It doesn't take much to kill one of them. Some ESCs are labeled "waterproof", but what it really means is that they can take a "splash" and not fail. It DOESN'T mean you can submerge it! Receivers can be put inside a balloon and made pretty safe, but waterproofing an ESC is a much dicier prospect. Certainly, you should start out with one that is water resistant, but if you want to submerge one, you'll have to do a lot more research to actually waterPROOF one. Then there's the battery. You don't want water getting into the case and getting the cells wet. (BTW, only buy Hard Case lipos, not the soft sided ones) So putting the Lipo in a balloon is also required for wet running. BRUSHED motors can run in water all day. (Indeed, look up "breaking in a brushed motor in water") But brushless motors, unless it's a sealed can, won't like getting wet as much. And in ANY case, if you run an RC in the wet/mud, you'd BETTER be prepared for a major cleaning job afterwards. EVERY bearing will need removal and cleaning and lubing. and the motor will also need cleaning and its bearings cleaned and lubed.

2wd RCs can be had for less because there are less parts and the running gear is simpler. 4wd RCs can be easier to drive fast because they're just easier to control in loose conditions, where it's easier to spin out a 2wd car. It takes skill to drive a 2wd fast, that's why the elite racing class is 2wd buggy. 4wd RCs have more complex running gear in order to get power to the front wheels. "More to go wrong"? Maybe, but that's NOT to say that they are more un-reliable than a 2wd. Just more complex.

Like NSSR said, save up your money, buy something 1/10 scale, and something that will be attractive to someone else to buy IF you decide this hobby isn't for you. And, do a little more research. Think more about what you really want to do with an RC: You wanna go fast? Or do you want a crawler to go over rocks and rough terrain? (Some "rock racers" have a two-speed tranny allowing you to "crawl" over rocks, but also go fast in the more open places.)
About a year ago i wanted to do realistic RC trailing and rock climbing and mudding but thats too expensive, to time consuming and to be honest i like going fast. I think i've officially settled on the ECX Torment 1/10 2WD $169.99. I have an older buddy with a 4x4 (maybe traxxas) that im gonna talk to about teaching me how to drive. Yes 4X4 is probably easier to drive for a beginner but thats way to much stuff to worry about breaking and cleaning. Plus, if i can drive a 2wd i can save money and buy aftermarket parts and replacement pieces.
Old 09-03-2016, 10:27 AM
EXT2Rob

Cool! Just don't buy aluminum suspension arms. Aluminum braces yes, arms, no. Too much unsprung weight, and aluminum arms will just transfer breakage further inboard. I.e. more expensive.
Old 09-03-2016, 11:50 AM
BryanJohkah

Originally Posted by EXT2Rob
Cool! Just don't buy aluminum suspension arms. Aluminum braces yes, arms, no. Too much unsprung weight, and aluminum arms will just transfer breakage further inboard. I.e. more expensive.
I was doing some more research and started looking at brushless motors so heres my question. Should i buy the Torment thats already brushless that costs 279.99 or should i just buy the Torment thats brushed for 169.99? I dont wanna SINK the truck or going mud bogging, i just wanna run thru some puddles.
Old 09-03-2016, 12:38 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

brushless means more top speed and longer runtimes. And that's if both are running the same battery. If you go up to a 11.1v lipo in the brushless, then the speed is crazy fast.
But while I have had many brushless, my brushed torment was lots of fun...especially at the hobby shop's indoor track.

I believe both the brushed and brushless versions of the torment are waterproof. Be aware, "waterproof" simply means the electronics wont get fried. Water does still rust metal parts, like ball bearings. Wont cause problems right away, but over time.

look up videos on youtube of the brushed, and brushless versions of the 1/10 torment. Watching vids helps give you an idea of the difference in performance. Note though what battery is being used. The brushed torment is faster on a 2s 7.4v lipo than it is on the stock 7.2v nimh battery. And the brushless is faster on a 11.1v 3s lipo than it is on a 2s. In the end though, crazy speeds can just mean more repair costs when you crash into stuff. And the brushed version does a little over 30mph which is still quick.
Old 09-03-2016, 01:04 PM
BryanJohkah

brushless means more top speed and longer runtimes. And that's if both are running the same battery. If you go up to a 11.1v lipo in the brushless, then the speed is crazy fast.
But while I have had many brushless, my brushed torment was lots of fun...especially at the hobby shop's indoor track.

I believe both the brushed and brushless versions of the torment are waterproof. Be aware, "waterproof" simply means the electronics wont get fried. Water does still rust metal parts, like ball bearings. Wont cause problems right away, but over time.

look up videos on youtube of the brushed, and brushless versions of the 1/10 torment. Watching vids helps give you an idea of the difference in performance. Note though what battery is being used. The brushed torment is faster on a 2s 7.4v lipo than it is on the stock 7.2v nimh battery. And the brushless is faster on a 11.1v 3s lipo than it is on a 2s. In the end though, crazy speeds can just mean more repair costs when you crash into stuff. And the brushed version does a little over 30mph which is still quick.
You still didnt tell me if puddles are okay
Old 09-03-2016, 01:07 PM
RustyUs

I believe you are on the right track with putting the ECX Torment in your sights. Brushed version if you just wanna "get your feet wet" into the hobby. Save some of that upfront cost for possibly extra battery packs and/or a better servo down the road. I'd wait (like you said in original post) to see if you are going to be "into it" all. I have no doubts you will be liking the hobby. For the $90 price difference it would be a toss up for me as well. I have to note that with the brushless version of the Torment, I believe you get a complete metal gear tranny with it. Some people go about upgrading different ways. A lot of times it has to do with available funds, I get it.
Old 09-03-2016, 01:10 PM
RustyUs

Originally Posted by BryanJohkah
You still didnt tell me if puddles are okay
Puddles I would think they were okay....dunking, no. Splashing, yes...swimming, no.
Old 09-04-2016, 06:48 AM
EXT2Rob

For someone starting out, 30mph IS fast. If you're still not sure if you'll stick with the hobby, you could save a few bucks with the brushed model. Learn to drive with it. Get the hang of it. Then upgrade to brushless later. But if you're feeling more confident about your interest, and you have the dough, get the brushless. Yes, both should be able to take splashes.

Know one thing about RTRs: Don't be surprised when the steering servo craps out. They all do eventually. Just replace it with a good $50 Hitec and you'll be golden.
Old 09-04-2016, 07:37 AM
collector1231

EXT2Rob, don't scare him off! Lol, a $50 servo wouldn't be needed. More like a $20 one off HobbyKing.
Old 09-04-2016, 03:44 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Could look at the HPI Wheely King. Its $219(on tower) 4wd brushed MT that will handle puddles, mud, and grass just fine. Its also pretty damn tough, and can take some punishment. They also have a pretty good resale value in case you decide the hobby isn't for you.

Mine was one of my favorite RC's (till I used 90% of its parts in a project I cooked up)
Old 09-05-2016, 04:55 PM
BryanJohkah

It looks like my maisto rock crawler for 30 bucks but more power... BTW the Maisto rockcrawler is a beast for 30 bucks. If your kids like thick gooey mud bogging and watching the soft supesnion go over rocks and such definetly get it. Its not water proof but its still cool. Plus without good batteries its pretty slow and under powered. Still fun though! Me and my buddy got one each and went "crawling" and "mudding" lol. Cant wait to get a real rc
Old 12-04-2016, 02:13 AM
Torment2016

Default New and need advise

Hey guys, sorry im new here and to the RC world, am i just barging in this thread or should i be starting a new thread ? Not sure.
You can advise. However my deal is that I'm from India and we do not have a large RC community nor too many official sellers for RC cars.
Traxxas and ecx is what i was able to find here in mumbai. After much researching and going through international forums i have developed this new interest of owning and driving RC cars. Absolutely new and open to advices i was thinking of :

1. ECX TORMENT 4x4 SHORT COURSE TRUCK, brushed Motor. - bcoz i dont want to get stuck in terrains with a 2wd, better handling, all can be upgarded except from 2wd to 4wd, so instead of buying a new 4wd later, why not start with a 4wd? I HOPE IM ON THE RIGHT TRACK.

2. Will the maintenence really bother me?

3. Im not sure which extra spares should i order along with the main kit ?

4. would a traxxas/torment 2wd be more practical in any respect being a beginner ?

5. My budget is not more than USD250.

6. Terrains ill be driving - backyard, gardens, parking lots, tar/cement roads, mud&dirt in heavy monsoons

will really appreciate your expert and valuable comments/advise.

thanks

Rishabh
Old 12-04-2016, 07:47 AM
RustyUs

Originally Posted by Torment2016
Hey guys, sorry im new here and to the RC world, am i just barging in this thread or should i be starting a new thread ? Not sure.
You can advise. However my deal is that I'm from India and we do not have a large RC community nor too many official sellers for RC cars.
Traxxas and ecx is what i was able to find here in mumbai. After much researching and going through international forums i have developed this new interest of owning and driving RC cars. Absolutely new and open to advices i was thinking of :

1. ECX TORMENT 4x4 SHORT COURSE TRUCK, brushed Motor. - bcoz i dont want to get stuck in terrains with a 2wd, better handling, all can be upgarded except from 2wd to 4wd, so instead of buying a new 4wd later, why not start with a 4wd? I HOPE IM ON THE RIGHT TRACK. Yes. I think you will have a blast with either brand.

2. Will the maintenence really bother me? No, if you like working on RCs. More work for all the more parts, more gears, and more screws. How much time is spent doing maintenance all depends on how hard you "bash" your ride.

3. Im not sure which extra spares should i order along with the main kit ? Spur gears are always good to have on hand. I'm a spare parts hoarder, so I go overboard with anything suspension related. Look at reviews on any RC you have in mind for thoughts of parts you should not be without.

4. would a traxxas/torment 2wd be more practical in any respect being a beginner ?Less parts = less money = sometimes less headache.

5. My budget is not more than USD250.

6. Terrains ill be driving - backyard, gardens, parking lots, tar/cement roads, mud&dirt in heavy monsoons

will really appreciate your expert and valuable comments/advise.

thanks

Rishabh
I often think to myself, if I could only have one RC, it would definitely be 4wd.

Just my opinion. Get out there and throw some dirt!
Old 12-04-2016, 08:11 AM
EXT2Rob

Greetings Rishabh! Welcome to the boards. Yeah, you're on the right track. either of those brands will do you just fine. Traxxas is the 800lb gorilla of RC, therefore, they have lots of aftermarket parts support. But they're also the most expensive. 4x4 will be more capable of various terrain, but may require more maintenance. Not a big deal if you enjoy wrenching on your rides like I do. What requires maintenance? Differentials, and bearings. Gear diffs have silicone fluid in them to tune the diff action. It needs topping up, as do the shocks. Bearings need to be inspected and cleaned or replaced every so often. As for spare parts, I'd say wait till you see what you break. Or if you want to be a little ahead, you could get a set of suspension arms. I would also strongly suggest an aftermarket bumper set from STRC or T-Bone Racing. Front and rear bumpers will save you tons on breakage. The "bumpers" that come stock on all RCs are mostly cosmetic and do little to actually protect the car. You might be able to get away without them since you're looking at the brushed motor models. If you go brushless, bumpers are a must. Also note that brushed motors only last so long. The carbon brushes wear out eventually and the motor dies. That's why we have brushless motors now. Not only do they never wear out, they are more powerful. But for a new guy, starting with brushed is fine while you learn how to drive the thing. You can upgrade later if you want to.

Realize, my friend, that the purchase price of the vehicle is only the entry price into this addiction! You're going to need batteries, a decent charger, and tools, fluids and lubes. A decent battery charger is gonna run you about $50, and batteries $30-$40ea. Save up your money, bro, this ain't a cheap hobby.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.