Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

New to the sport, looking for a quiet RC car...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

New to the sport, looking for a quiet RC car...

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 04:56 PM
herculeanthespian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the sport, looking for a quiet RC car...

Hello,

I am new to this sport and looking for a quiet RC car. I'm using the car for a project and volume is quite important.

Nothing extravagant, starter level is perfectly fine...crawl before walk, right?

Thank you for your time!
Old 11-22-2016, 06:45 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Welcome to the forum. What project are you doing? Need to know so I can better serve to your needs. I just don't want to recommend a drift car for an offroad project! Lol.
Old 11-23-2016, 02:56 PM
herculeanthespian

Hello!

Thank you for your reply!

Looking to have the car film video while traveling on streets, possibly at a park. Cameras are quite small, so I am hoping to have one on top (there are great videos on YouTube!)

The car will sneak up on people with the camera on the vehicle to record the people's reaction.

I hope this helps!

Thanks again!

David
Old 11-25-2016, 04:55 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Sounds like fun! Lol, but for a near silent RC vehicle, I suggest an Axial SCX10, pack the axles and tranny with grease (red moly is good stuff) and some Junfac drive shafts. That is the quietest RC, but it is a crawler, so the truck will be a bit slow. Mine is set up like this, so I'll get you some footage of it driving tomorrow to see if its too loud for you. If you really want though, I can do the work for you, it is a bit big of an undertaking, and that grease gets everywhere.

SCX10; http://www.ebay.com/itm/Axial-AX9004...0AAOSwAuNW6HXF

Grease; https://www.walmart.com/ip/16795246?...&wl13=&veh=sem

Shafts; http://www.junfac.com/shop/index.php...roducts_id=276
Old 11-26-2016, 09:04 PM
herculeanthespian

Thank you for your advice, Collector!

A little pricey, I guess I will have to save my pennies.

Thanks again!
Old 11-27-2016, 05:00 AM
RustyUs

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by herculeanthespian
Hello!

Thank you for your reply!

Looking to have the car film video while traveling on streets, possibly at a park. Cameras are quite small, so I am hoping to have one on top (there are great videos on YouTube!)

The car will sneak up on people with the camera on the vehicle to record the people's reaction.

I hope this helps!

Thanks again!

David
There are a lot of odd people in the world (I'm not saying you're one of them) including those who have interest in watching other people doing everyday stuff. Some people might think it's cute to be watched, but other times voyeurism involves someone watching another person(s) without their knowledge. This is sometimes not looked upon as being okay, and may seem creepy to some. Depending on where you do your videoing, and on who, be prepared to have a RC able to scoot out of a situation fast, e.g., some dogs will have a field day trying to mangle an odd looking animal .

Just saying.

Get out there and throw some dirt!