Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Swiwin Turbines

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Swiwin Turbines

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2020, 03:21 PM
Agrav8ed

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Swiwin Turbines

I am posting this here as a number of jets from Banana Hobby, HSD, Global Jet Club, Nova Jets, CRX turbines and other now come with an option to come with this turbine installed. I have been checking the turbine clinic for over a year waiting for a clinic to appear but so far have not seen anything. However, I have noticed a number of other manufacturer turbines that are no longer in production or have little to no traffic. However, one of the more popular turbines has yet to have a spot for those of us who use it.
The Swiwin is growing in popularity and there are a number of PNP jets that come with these turbines under the name of Swiwin or rebranded as ACEx. Regardless of the name there is an increasing interest in these turbines and others like myself would like to have a forum where we can ask questions and have questions answered. There are a number of factors that set the Swiwin apart.
1. Stateside repair
2. Brushless pump and starter motor
3. Comes in a number of PNP jets
4. Ease of use
5. Firmware can be updated by the end user
6. There are at least five retailers for this turbine Stateside under the name of Swiwin or Acex
7. CRX warranty support.
8. Badboy RC support

Andy from CRX turbines is a great resource and readily available but I am sure that there are a number of other Swiwin/ACEx fliers who do not know about him or have questions about these turbines. If others feel similarly I would encourage them to email or Pm the moderators and request that Swiwin be added.
Thanks,
Tone
The following 2 users liked this post by Agrav8ed:
CRX Turbines (01-16-2020), geneh-RCU (01-17-2020)
Old 01-15-2020, 03:47 PM
RC_MAN
My Feedback: (11)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Another self serving post?
Old 01-15-2020, 04:04 PM
Agrav8ed

Nothing self serving in asking for a forum for people to talk about a turbine. I initially struggled in learning all this stuff myself last year as there were not very many turbine pilots at my local field. I have been trying to reach out and help others since that time as I know how hard it was for me to learn all this coming from just edf's. But I am very far from an expert. If there was a forum for this engine it would only help other newbies like me, serve as a resource and keep others from learning the hard way like I had to.
Tone
The following users liked this post:
CRX Turbines (01-16-2020)
Old 01-15-2020, 05:59 PM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

I only own swiwin turbines, for all the reasons you mentioned, and PRICE! I own a 170, a 140, an 80, and 60, all with more features, same or lower weight, and faster acceleration than the elites, at 2/3 the price or less. Nothing against the big 3, but their pricing is why it took me so long to justify a turbine, until swiwin.
my first turbine jet, bnf with an sw60b, cost less than just a 100-120n turbine from other manufacturers.
knowing the origin of swiwin, I believe they are here to stay, so no worries there, either.

Last edited by bodywerks; 01-15-2020 at 06:03 PM.
Old 01-15-2020, 06:21 PM
jesse2357
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

bodyworks, do you run telemetry with your turbines? I can't find any info on use with Jeti and fuel telemetry, both are a must for me.
Old 01-15-2020, 07:26 PM
p-40lover

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

the jeti to swiwin telemetry only works on the rex recievers..or you could use the jeti fuel meter sensor..
Old 01-15-2020, 07:30 PM
bodywerks

Originally Posted by jesse2357
bodyworks, do you run telemetry with your turbines? I can't find any info on use with Jeti and fuel telemetry, both are a must for me.
I only use spektrum, but yes telemetry, even on powersafe receives. I never get close to running out of fuel so fuel consumption hasn't been a must for me.
Old 01-16-2020, 01:51 AM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jesse2357
aeropanda look for the Digitech CTU has support for Swiwin also. and works on Core and Jeti
Old 01-16-2020, 03:17 AM
Rick75
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bodywerks
I only use spektrum, but yes telemetry, even on powersafe receives. I never get close to running out of fuel so fuel consumption hasn't been a must for me.
How did you get the telemetry working with the powersafe?
Old 01-16-2020, 06:31 AM
bodywerks

Originally Posted by Rick75
you have to tap power for your ecu off the xbus port INSTEAD of the receiver bus. This was tested by the Horizon Spektrum developers and it's a non issue. I'll see if I can post a pic or message the link to you.
The Xbus power pin is good for 450mah. The ECU draws around 100mah with the GSU connected, and only 30mah without.
For telemetry, the adapter that Andy from crx sells only uses pins 1, 3, and 4 from the spektrum xbus port, so pin 2(the power pin) is available for use. This is a diagram that Thomas Chang sent me to make my own adapter for regular spektrum receivers, showing there power pin off xbus not being used:

Last edited by bodywerks; 01-16-2020 at 07:02 AM.
Old 01-20-2020, 05:09 PM
gotofly6010

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

All swiwin turbines can find CRX for service,CRX own full tools and parts same from swiwin factory
CRX Turbines (01-20-2020)
Old 01-20-2020, 07:50 PM
Wclays
My Feedback: (85)

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by RC_MAN
Another self serving post?
Agreed.
Old 01-20-2020, 08:25 PM
CRX Turbines

It is an excellent idea to have a forum dedicated to swiwin. That is Tone's point. There are a half dozen manufacturers with turbine clinic forums on RCU and half do not exist. So I understand that these manufacturers were present before changes to RCU requiring payment for this service.

gotofly6010 (Thomas Chiang) also posted to go to CRX because we have all the tooling and parts. That is not self proclaimed, it is just a fact.

This thread is created to help Swiwin turbines users. Do you own a Swiwin that you need assistance with?

A. Fioretti

Originally Posted by Wclays
Agreed.

Last edited by CRX Turbines; 01-20-2020 at 08:37 PM.
Old 01-20-2020, 08:44 PM
bodywerks

Originally Posted by Wclays
Agreed.
Struggling to see how the thread starter was making a self serving post? All I see is that he likes swiwin turbines and wants to talk about them. Isn't that pretty much what every single thread in here starts off with?
I don't know who the OP is, but I don't think he's a swiwin dealer or anything. Hence, the struggle to see how it's self serving.
I love swiwin turbines and I hope this thread takes off.
Old 01-20-2020, 08:49 PM
bodywerks

Originally Posted by Rick75
I'm going to be making another throttle/ telemetry adapter lead some time this week for my Ultra Flash. I'll post it here.
Old 01-21-2020, 03:30 AM
CRX Turbines

Nick your motor and cables should be there today

Andy

I'm going to be making another throttle/ telemetry adapter lead some time this week for my Ultra Flash. I'll post it here.
Old 01-21-2020, 03:34 AM
bodywerks

Originally Posted by CRX Turbines
Nick your motor and cables should be there today

Andy
Old 01-21-2020, 04:37 AM
Agrav8ed

Struggling to see how the thread starter was making a self serving post? All I see is that he likes swiwin turbines and wants to talk about them. Isn't that pretty much what every single thread in here starts off with?
I don't know who the OP is, but I don't think he's a swiwin dealer or anything. Hence, the struggle to see how it's self serving.
I love swiwin turbines and I hope this thread takes off.
Thanks for the support Bodywerks. I am not a dealer, Swiwin rep, or retailer. Just a hobbyist who appreciates this turbine and feel that those of us who own one or would like to learn more about them, would have a forum to talk about it. Just like most of the other turbine manufacturers have already. As I posted before I struggled greatly in my learning curve because I was new to turbines did not have much help in my area. I put off getting into turbines for a while for this reason. I was lucky in that I found Andy from CRX turbines online and he was willing to talk with me multiple times and answer all my questions. Since that time I have encouraged others to get into turbines and try to answer what questions I could and spread the knowledge that I've learned. But, I'm very far from an expert . A Swiwin forum like other manufacturers have will provide a dedicated area to share knowledge and hopefully relieve the stress and discouragement i experienced for other modeler's and prospective pilots.
Hence my post.
Tone.
Old 01-21-2020, 05:13 AM
FenderBean

Received 80 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Agrav8ed
Thanks for the support Bodywerks. I am not a dealer, Swiwin rep, or retailer. Just a hobbyist who appreciates this turbine and feel that those of us who own one or would like to learn more about them, would have a forum to talk about it. Just like most of the other turbine manufacturers have already. As I posted before I struggled greatly in my learning curve because I was new to turbines did not have much help in my area. I put off getting into turbines for a while for this reason. I was lucky in that I found Andy from CRX turbines online and he was willing to talk with me multiple times and answer all my questions. Since that time I have encouraged others to get into turbines and try to answer what questions I could and spread the knowledge that I've learned. But, I'm very far from an expert . A Swiwin forum like other manufacturers have will provide a dedicated area to share knowledge and hopefully relieve the stress and discouragement i experienced for other modeler's and prospective pilots.
Hence my post.
Tone.
Some complain about not having it, but Facebook is becoming the go to place for things like this, most vendors have pages now. The increased negativity on forums and the inability to remove it without Mod intervention is making it hard to bother with RCU.
The following 2 users liked this post by FenderBean:
bodywerks (01-21-2020), T3chDad (02-26-2020)
Old 01-21-2020, 05:54 AM
CRX Turbines

HI Keith,

Facebook has to be one of the best marketing tools on the planet but guys in the hobby often start here. The forums definitely can be negative but the turbine clinics particularly are helpful and have been helpful. I have not noticed many people stomping on turbine clinic forums because they were always for the manufacturers and they served a purpose. I reached out over two years ago and spoke to RCU about a forum for Swiwin and it was explained to me that the turbine clinics already in place were there from before RCU policy changes. My point is that there are manufacturers there that do not exist and have not existed. In my past life, I managed jet joe sales and service for the USA. At the time I asked RCU about a clinic for JetJoe and never received any response. So I am not sure what to think but like the author of this thread (Tone), we are just trying to lever the best mechanisms for customers to get the answers they need and the answers they deserve to get. The cost of putting up a turbine clinic, zero, absolute zero so why not set it up? it is a little contrary to tell one potential customer that they need to pay 1000 a month for this space (me) while others are there and have been there since before RCU was changed from the old format. As for facebook I could not agree more but you can only have too few resources for knowledge, never too many.

It would benefit the community for you to have one for Xicoy as much as us for Swiwin as well as other manufacturers that are actively producing turbines.

A. Fioretti

Originally Posted by FenderBean
Some complain about not having it, but Facebook is becoming the go to place for things like this, most vendors have pages now. The increased negativity on forums and the inability to remove it without Mod intervention is making it hard to bother with RCU.

Last edited by CRX Turbines; 01-21-2020 at 05:59 AM.
Old 01-21-2020, 06:24 AM
kevinthoele
My Feedback: (1)

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

I am looking into buying a Swiwin turbine so anything that relates to turbine flyers experience is welcome. I like that they are brushless starters and fuel pumps. Price is nice as well
Old 01-21-2020, 07:57 AM
E.N.T.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I am not a facebook fan, and will not be ever. I don't trust that site, so
having a swiwin turbine, any problems I have with it I will go directly
to CRX.

hmarmaizmd717
Old 01-21-2020, 09:47 AM
Auburn02

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by CRX Turbines
they need to pay 1000 a month for this space
Holy crap. I really wish RCG or FG would expand their turbine sections and we could just have a mass exodus already.
Old 01-23-2020, 03:14 PM
bodywerks

Default Powersafe swiwin telemetry adapter

A few pics of what I did here. The big key is tapping power off the xbus port to go into the 'throttle/PPM' port, and NOT using the receiver bus power. I show in one pic where I snipped the positive wire at the connector and isolated it with a piece of heat shrink.
I used an Amazon 4 pin jst lead to make mine, which you can find
here here
...and just a crimper and servo pins for the rest.
Since the xbus wires are small(like 26-28awg), I did tin the positive wire crimp with a very minute amount of solder after the fact, to ensure the electrical connection was solid. It is, after all, your new lifeblood of your ECU...

This shows the hot lead coming from the receiver bus being snipped. YOU CANNOT POWER THE ECU WITH BOTH THE RECEIVER AND XBUS!

Another pic showing the snipped positive, and also showing the red wire pulled from the xbus lead and taking the place of the positive lead that would otherwise come from the receiver bus.

Heat shrink over the snipped positive. I suppose you could also just de-pin it from the connector at the bus and remove it entirely. I got lazy, and i didn't want the receiver connection looking like it was missing a wire.

Completed lead, with heat shrink over connections to keep them secure.

Last edited by bodywerks; 01-24-2020 at 03:31 AM.
stealdesk (02-02-2020)
Old 01-23-2020, 05:09 PM
hotspot 01

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I asked a few years ago removing one of the turbine clinic manufacturers and got the response that we won’t think at the time it was TJT only because the company had stopped manufacturing 15 years previously.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.