Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Tamiya 1/35 RC Panzerkampfwagen IV Ausf J

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Tamiya 1/35 RC Panzerkampfwagen IV Ausf J

Search this Thread

Old Today, 08:49 AM
dkaniel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tamiya 1/35 RC Panzerkampfwagen IV Ausf J

I know that the majority of threads and post are centered mainly around 1/16 RC Tanks. But a couple of years ago I picked up this kit on Tamiya USA Site and finally pulled it out to build. This is not going to be a step by step build, instead I thought I would share some of the highlights of this kit for anyone interested in the TAMIYA 1/35 RC Tanks. The first thing I noticed is that there is really no type of suspension designed into the model, but when you are dealing at 1/35th scale I guess it would just jack up the price and complexity if TAMIYA tried to design some type of suspension at this scale. The kit cost me about $250 so even if the model doesn't last long itself just having the motors, servos and TX and RX units is almost worth the cost as I can reuse those components in other projects down the road.
I know that there are a few other small companies/hobbyists who also provide components for 1/35 scale, but I have always enjoyed TAMIYA RC Kits, mainly the 1/10 RC car kits. At the time I bought this I thought that I had missed the boat on purchasing a TAMIYA 1/16 RC Sherman Tank Kit but recently saw that TAMIYA had re-released the Sherman RC Kit so I picked one up and might do a thread on that in the future.

When can you attach pictures to a thread is it after you have 10 posts or a higher number? I normally don't post so my post count is low, so I will keep doing posts until hopefully I can attach the pictures.