Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

TLT-1 Center diff - JB weld?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 03:24 PM
GadgetGuy2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TLT-1 Center diff - JB weld?

Could please somebody give some instructions ( maybe with pictures ) about how to do this?

I would like to lock my center diff - but I do not want to destroy something in the process.

So step-by-step instructions ( for a total newbie ) would be very welcome...

Thank you all!
Old 06-30-2005, 04:28 PM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

Default RE: TLT-1 Center diff - JB weld?

Have you got the diff built?

If so, take a look at it and you'll see something thats like a little moat on each side of the diff (hard to explain, but if I remember correctly its about 1/4" deep and 1/4" wide).

What I did was fill that little "moat" all the way to the top with epoxy, let it cure, then I did it to the other side of the diff.

JB weld would work too, but I was in a hurry and the JB weld I have says it takes 4-6 hours to set up, so I used 5 minute epoxy instead.
Old 06-30-2005, 04:31 PM
SlideWaysTeamGC
My Feedback: (2)

thats the way to go or just get a stampede tranny and and slides or go ebay there is a locked stock tranny on ebay right now
Old 07-01-2005, 11:27 AM
GadgetGuy2005

jakjr, madman 3000 thank you for the advice.

My TLT-1 is in the mail from TowerHobbies - and I wanted to make sure, that I will do everything 100% right when it gets here.

First I want to build it as stock ( only difference from 100% stock: locked center diff and ball bearings) and later I will consider various mods ( Pede tranny etc.)

Since I have no real kit building experience ( I have built a couple years ago a Piccolo helicopter and a Kyosho Sandmaster ) I try to learn as much as I can before I start building it...
Old 07-01-2005, 02:19 PM
SlideWaysTeamGC
My Feedback: (2)

no sweat read instructions mesure twice cut ones as i always say hahah it will go fine follow the instructions and it will be ok