Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Phoenix Az onroad track and LHS

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 04:49 PM
usernametaken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phoenix Az onroad track and LHS

Gday everyone heading over end of next week to visit wifes family in Phoenix and wondering if any good shops worthy of visit hopefully with good onroad stock and Kyosho gear.

Also wouldnt mind checking out any onroad racing events happening over the next few weeks so if anyone has any links to clubs that maybe racing would appreciate it.

Thanks
Steven
Old 11-09-2005, 06:29 PM
ace007

Default RE: Phoenix Az onroad track and LHS

http://www.rcsportsmania.com/ Here's a link to one i think they do both on-road and off-road.Seems like a cool place
Old 11-09-2005, 07:13 PM
bmxboy50789

also i live right in chandler, and there are hobby town's they are eh.... Then there is hobby action, i had them work with my nitro, good store, but kinda long and irritating service. Then also scottsdale rc right on edge of scottsdale and like the i-10??? all are prety good
Old 11-10-2005, 04:44 AM
usernametaken

thanks for the info inlaws are on northern side of town around thunderbird on the east side of 17 but phoenix is pretty easy to get around ...seen the hobbytown usa website so may try and check out one of the stores....keen to see some road racing so hopefully one of the clubs mentioned has some good racing on.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:07 AM
Beer_Budgett

Hello,

Since I am a complete NOOB to RC stuff, I hope this does not sound like a total jackass post.

There is a relatively new hobby shop called Speed Sports on the corner of 35th ave and Thunderbird (about 2 miles west of 17 ). It is on the Southwest corner in a strip mall. Small shop with really very helpfull and courteous people. Went in last night for the first time and was astounded by the nice folks there. I just got a Savage 25 truck and I am still breaking it in and needed a few odd bits and pieces ( fuel line, fuel filter, fuel, etc ). I have been to the local hobby shop in the northwest part of town and the service there was pretty poor. It was like pulling teeth to get any help from the 2 teenagers working at the time. One was too busy on his cell phone to answer any questions or get me some parts I needed.

The 2 guys working at Speed Sports were helping 2 guys with their trucks and kept asking if I had a question or did I have anything in mind that I needed. Not pushy, just helpfull. They both apologised for being busy and after one finished giving a very detailed explanation of how to set the needles for a off road truck and advising the owner to not bog the engine so much. He then took it behind the store for a test drive to confirm it was running well. He then said the MAGIC WORDS.... "No charge, just give us a call if you need more help" He came over and assisted me in getting what I needed and offered to help me with my truck if ever I needed "just give us a call and we can pretty much walk you through just about anything..."

A friend at work asked me to look for a pull start for his XTM truck while I was there, "ahhh don't bother....." he said. "Nobody will have something like that in stock....." They had 3!!! And the prices were a surprise too! 17.99 for the complete pull starter, in an XTM package (no idea what these go for, but it seems reasonable). I paid 22.99 for a gallon of 20% Sidewinder Pro fuel. At the "other" store they wanted 29.99 and it had to be ordered.... ( 2-3 weeks )

Some stuff was a bit more than I would pay if I bought online, ( 3.79 for 3 feet of clear fuel line ) but they were not too much more and honestly I would rather support a local business....

They readily admitted that they are a very new store and are not completely set up yet. It IS kinda small but the prices and customer service was excellent. And they did have an on-road car on display, so they probably can help you there.....

Very impressed with the customer service. http://www.speedsportsusa.net/

First post, sorry for babbling.....

Old 11-12-2005, 06:43 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts

Dude,
Quit apologizing,, that's a fine first post

ARIZONA
http://www.nitronutz.us - Nitro Nutz Raceway in Goodyear, AZ
http://www.competitionhobbies.com - Competition Hobbies in Tucson, AZ
http://www.scottsdalerc.com - SRS in Scottsdale, AZ
http://www.hobbyaction.com - Hobby Action in Tempe, AZ
Old 11-12-2005, 08:14 AM
usernametaken

appreciate the info everyone thanks alot looks like my inlaws wont see much of me with all these shops and tracks to check out maybe not a bad thing after all also beerbudget great post its good to read positive feedback for a store as most times its the negative feedback that is reported...that one is definately nice and handy so will go and visit them first.
hope the weather is kind to us this year, we visited last year around christmas time when you all had that unusual rainfall when sedona was washed out etc and I was heading over to frys electrical when that tornado alert was on ...yeah that was kinda exciting have to admit though...luckily for phoenix nothing eventuated though...
Old 05-01-2010, 12:04 PM
robbio4422

i know this thread is VERY out dated but i didnt wanna burn bandwidth by starting new one. im new to the on-road here in AZ and looking for some locals or some event info