Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Ofna Ultra Comp II.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 08:14 PM
corona672

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ofna Ultra Comp II.....

what do u guys think about the Ofna Ultra Comp II RTR
1/8 4wd Nitro Buggy? ..............any good??
Old 03-24-2006, 09:37 PM
Dawman
My Feedback: (33)

Default RE: Ofna Ultra Comp II.....

It`s ok for a starter and bashing around .
Old 03-24-2006, 09:40 PM
-Inverted-

It's definately no hyper 7, but it is a nice package for the the price.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:45 PM
rspar

I've got an Ofna Ultra MBX rtr and love it. I had it about a year and a half and with the exception of a new diff (wasn't letting off on big jumps in the beginning) I've never broke anything. And I bash it pretty good, it's not real unusual for me to cart wheel the thing or land it straight down on one wheel, I've caught wheels on chainlink fences a few times it just keeps on going. On the other hand I have a friend with an older t-maxx that he brakes almost every time out, personally I don't see mt's as good jumpers, my buggy if I hit the jump right usually lands on all fours pretty evenly. Have Fun
Old 03-24-2006, 09:52 PM
riverat1540

I have the gt lx and ill say its an upgrade from the x-terminator though not as fast. but i will be getting suspention kit [link]http://cgi.ebay.com/OFNA-ULTRA-MBX-GT-LX-PRO-PBS-8-MM-CONVERSION-PIVOT-NEW_W0QQitemZ6004431702QQcategoryZ49215QQssPageNam eZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/link] and would also like to get this[link]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6044158030&rd=1&sspage name=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1[/link] I know its not the best buggy but it was worth the $180 i got it for on ebay and the engine wasnt even broken in yet. here it is[link]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6040664647&sspagename= ADME%3AL%3AAAQ%3AUS%3A1&rd=1[/link] man i love ebay!!!
Old 03-25-2006, 02:18 PM
TMAXXMANN

HI

I have an Ofna LX pro with an XTM .247 engine. I use a rotostart to turn the engine over. My problem is that my one way bearing keeps on slipping, and won't catch the crankshaft. My LHS told me to put WD-40 in the bearing. This worked for a little while but then quickly wore off. I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions about fixing this problem. Or should I just upgrade to a starter box?
let me know
Old 03-25-2006, 02:34 PM
riverat1540

in my opinoin starter boxes are an inconveniance just because they are so bulky and if your a basher like me you will hate it. you have to bring the car over to the starter evertime you need to start it. but it sounds like youve got fuel/oil coming in to your one way. so you might need to get a new shaft and backplate to stop leaks or your one way could be worn out. and you could be starting a flodded engine which will cause fuel/oil to come out there nomatter what. its a mind game. trust me i know. but i do like the pull starts because all u have to carry is the glow heater. but i would try cleaning the bearing and wiping down the shaft with fine steel wool. and see where it goes from there.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:42 AM
TMAXXMANN

Thank you, I'll try that
Old 06-10-2006, 06:16 PM
xtmbasher

CORONA I am looking at getting a COMP 2 also. It is in my budget and I have been in the rc field for 20 years. With all the research I have done on it I have decided to get it. They have enough optional parts for it and my LHS stocks parts for it. That is the biggest reason to get it for me. CORONA go for it if you can afford it. Also see what the closest LHS has for parts. Plus I really don't care what everyone else says about racing. If you want to, do it. You might not end up in the A-MAINS all the time but you gotta start somewhere. MOST OF ALL HAVE FUN. Your choice in the COMP 2 is excellent. Just get it and learn how to tune it. The .26 it comes with is a little fickle but it is fun to find the right power band by taking your time. NOW GET OUT THERE AND RIP UP SOME FRICKIN DIRT. LOL. GOOD LUCK!!!!