Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Newbie Need Help with ESC

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 08:28 PM
charger19690

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie Need Help with ESC

Hello,

First I would like to say I am new to the R/C world. But I am looking at building my very first R/C car.

I am looking at purchasing a:

Futaba 6YG 6-Channel FM/4 S3004 Servos transmitter which will come with a
Futaba R127DF Receiver
Futaba MC230CR FET SPEED CONTROLLER

Ok, application. I am wanting to build this car with two electric motors, one for each side of the car. Ok, I am actually building a truck/buggy, but I am using car as loose for vehicle.

So I want to be able to have speed adjustability forward and reverse, independently for each side. I think will need 2 Speed Controllers.

According to the literature that I have read through, the speed controller plugs right into the "Throttle servo" channel, which for this reciever is channel #3. This receiver/trasmitter package is designed for air, put comes with a ground Frequency, and I have other things I want to incorporate into this for the other servo channels.

The question is, ....

If I purchase a second Speed Controller, can I just plug the second controller into another channel? Will it respond in the same manner as the throttle channel, or are the channels different in configuration on the receiver?

What I really am looking for is to have a car that will be able to make "Zero Point" turns. One side reversing while the other goes forward. I think this theory will work, but like I stated, I am new to R/C and not real familiar how these things work.

I have had toys where cars either go forward or backwards, basically, the switches are either on or off, no variability.

If anyone has an insight to this situation, or can't simply understand what I am trying to say, but understands how these things work, please share the knowledge.

My thoughts.

My idea is that these channels and servo outputs on a receiever give signals all the same and that a person could plug any thing into them to get a result, as long as the person doing it knows which servo outputs correspond to the transmitter switches or joysticks?????

I would just like to know before I purchase these things, because this stuff ain't cheap to just try.....

Thank you,

Mike
[email protected]

Old 06-10-2006, 09:21 PM
hands without shadows

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Newbie Need Help with ESC

Two different channels are operated by two different corresponding controls of your transmitter, so you could have two throttles and a steering? Im presuming you want regular steering as well? Otherwise forget it, if you do not want regular steering you should get a double stick transmitter and have one stick for each vehicle side. If you do want regular steering or even front and back steering, and you want to forget about the tank turning, you dont really need two esc's. You could have two esc's with a y harness and plug them into the the same channel, or you could get something like a novak super rooster and run both motors of the same speed controller. If you want front and back steering, itd would be alot easier to make, you would just need two front ends of a 4x4 car and a y harness for the steering servos.Try posting in the tank section for more info.

I hope I was clear.