Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

HPI RS4 Bench Test. JR Propo Python HELP!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

HPI RS4 Bench Test. JR Propo Python HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 08:11 AM
RCtedII

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI RS4 Bench Test. JR Propo Python HELP!!

Hi ALL!
I'm VERY new to this R/C stuff! I got a hold of this HPI RS4 chassis with an NSX body. It's July 4th, I've got time, I want to see if I can get it running! Nothings open to get batteries! It came with NO batteries! Either for the car OR Controller! Just what does the controller use for batteries? Anyhow....can I hookup a Hobby Train transformer to the CAR to see if it works????? That's an Epic Motor, I don't know which model. How many DC VOlts could it need? The transmitter also does NOT have any CHIPS! To recived or transmit!! Am I doomed here?? Because you need those chips to make stuff work???? What can I do??? I have Pix below!
MAny thanks, RCTedII

Old 07-04-2006, 08:14 AM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HPI RS4 Bench Test. JR Propo Python HELP!!

You'll need a set of matching crystals for the radio, a 7.2v pack to power the car, and probably 8AA batts for the transmitter.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:46 AM
RCtedII

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HPI RS4 Bench Test. JR Propo Python HELP!!

Hi Snow!
About these crystals. I know that they are 27 Mghz Am ones....but do I HAVE to get them made by JR Propo for the Python? Or will some other Mfg's work?
Thanks, RCTedII