Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Zenoah GT 80 spraying fuel from carb

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Zenoah GT 80 spraying fuel from carb

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 08:42 AM
EdgyEdge540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zenoah GT 80 spraying fuel from carb

I'm posting this on behalf of a friend...His Zenoah GT 80 is spraying fuel from the carb when he accelerates the egine above half throttle, Its starting fine otherwise. Does anyone know what might be the issue?

Cheers
Old 04-24-2008, 09:11 AM
soarrich
My Feedback: (98)

Default RE: Zenoah GT 80 spraying fuel from carb

First check the L and H needle valves on the carb, neither should be more than two turns out from closed. To check the needle valves slowly screw them in while counting the turns until you feel the needle bottom out, don't force it, when they bottom out stop turning. If you turned them less than two turns screw them back out to where they where, if they went in more than two turns back them out only two turns.

Start the engine and let it warm-up for a minute. Bring the engine up to 3500 rpm, turn the L needle in, the engine should pick up speed and sound like it's running cleaner, throttle the engine back to 3500 rpm and repeat turning the L needle in, do this until you don't get a increase in speed. Now slowly advance the throttle to full open, turn the H needle valve in until you get maximum rpm, then back it off 1/8th of a turn. Put the throttle to idle, when the engine at idle pop the throttle open, it should speed up quickly, if it dies turn the L needle out some, if it stumbles the speeds up turn the L needle in 1/16th of a turn.

That should get you close, you make small adjustments. If the engine sags when you climb for a while turn the H needle valve out some.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:14 AM
tkg
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Zenoah GT 80 spraying fuel from carb

HS needle to rich, to big of a prop (turning engine to slow)