Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

tried and true carb for the Crrc 26

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

tried and true carb for the Crrc 26

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 11:35 AM
Zman39
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tried and true carb for the Crrc 26

I am giving up on my crrc pro26cc and looking for a walbro carb that will work with it that has a reputation to be tried and true. I had 4 very experienced gasser guys working on this motor today trying to get some kind of reliable trasnsiton and basically after a few hours, all of them, me included, just threw out hands up and gave up on it. Transition stinks and top end will make great power one run and then totally change next flight. We looked for any airleak on entire engine and could find none.

Anyone know of a ole reliable carb number that will bolt on this engine?
Thanks
Z
Old 07-13-2008, 11:48 AM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: tried and true carb for the Crrc 26

its such a small motor on gas that i would set it up and then leave it along. meaning if if ran good on the last flight just deal with its inconsistance on the 2nd flight as it may run the same after a few minutes of running. along with humid weather i think this may just be the norm.
Old 07-13-2008, 06:17 PM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Zman39

I am giving up on my crrc pro26cc and looking for a walbro carb that will work with it that has a reputation to be tried and true. I had 4 very experienced gasser guys working on this motor today trying to get some kind of reliable trasnsiton and basically after a few hours, all of them, me included, just threw out hands up and gave up on it. Transition stinks and top end will make great power one run and then totally change next flight. We looked for any airleak on entire engine and could find none.

Anyone know of a ole reliable carb number that will bolt on this engine?
Thanks
Z
A carb with a #24 (9.5mm) venturi should work fine . If I had to choose, the WA types would be first choice. These can be drilled out to find the carb throat limits.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:42 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How do you go about drilling a carb out? Can any give the do,s and dont,s? Thanks Capt,n
Old 07-14-2008, 11:02 AM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You need to have a carb without a jet reaching into the venturi.
Grind the drill very sharp with negative cutting angle, like for brass, so the drill bit will not grab.
Go easy, on low revs and low feed pressure.