Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

INTEGY 1/8 iROCK

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 08:02 PM
NY DIRT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default INTEGY 1/8 iROCK

Anyone have one of these and if so are they a decent basher ??
Old 02-27-2009, 09:01 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: INTEGY 1/8 iROCK

If they are made anything like some of their aftermarket parts I wouldn't get on for bashing.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:02 PM
mesooners

i have had mine for 3 weeks i run it everday and it is great hard to find something it cant climb or that well slow it down its faster then i thought it would be which is great it is set up for rear wheel steering slap on a servo and that is about it lots of meatal parts too the thing is great for the price i know everyone says Integy stuff sucks well i buy from them never a problem parts break no matter what brand it is so to me that is just people brian washed to like rpm or something heck INTEGY even has a XXtreme Abuse Lifetime Replacement Plan: to me they stnad by there stuff if i could i would put a viedo of it on you tube so people could see what this thing does all i can say is try it out you well be supprised
Old 03-13-2009, 03:24 PM
K_B

Period key. It's on the keyboard for a reason

Old 03-13-2009, 03:38 PM
grimgard

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

If they are made anything like some of their aftermarket parts I wouldn't get on for bashing.
I wouldn't get on for bashing either [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 03-13-2009, 07:17 PM
drum_n_man

.................................................. .................................................. ......................<- this should help.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:10 PM
mesooners

good for you you know how to push a button its great for bashing mine has not broke yet and it has been treated rough
Old 06-12-2009, 10:21 PM
dhyde79

personally, I question what "bashing" means to each of you who's complaining about the stuff, bashing, as far as a crawler is concerned, should be crawling around and not worrying about whether or not you're landing on your top...bashing with something like a savage is running about and intentionally hitting stuff that should tear stuff up. a crawler shouldn't be moving fast enough to "bash" and if it is, it doesn't matter if it's an axial, a custom build, or anything else, you're probably going to tear it up, they're not made for that kind of treatment....

I popped by here to see if there were any helpful discussions going on about this crawler and all I find is the typical "ZOMG INTEGY R CRAPZ!" bashing and a couple of people saying they have one and it's decent.....it almost tempts me to buy one just to actually put together a decent review on the thing....
Old 06-15-2009, 11:52 PM
samguan

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: dhyde79

personally, I question what "bashing" means to each of you who's complaining about the stuff, bashing, as far as a crawler is concerned, should be crawling around and not worrying about whether or not you're landing on your top...bashing with something like a savage is running about and intentionally hitting stuff that should tear stuff up. a crawler shouldn't be moving fast enough to "bash" and if it is, it doesn't matter if it's an axial, a custom build, or anything else, you're probably going to tear it up, they're not made for that kind of treatment....

I popped by here to see if there were any helpful discussions going on about this crawler and all I find is the typical "ZOMG INTEGY R CRAPZ!" bashing and a couple of people saying they have one and it's decent.....it almost tempts me to buy one just to actually put together a decent review on the thing....
intentionally hitting stuff that should tear stuff up? That's wrong man!

Integy aluminums are garbage! But they should hold up to a rock crawler because they are slow. But you have to realize that you DONEED some durability in rock crawlers too. Imagine crawling up a steep hill and the crawler falls down, there is a big impact force too. There is also a chance that you could bend those crap Integy aluminums.

If you want to defend Integy, that's fine. But I believe they have made very bad reputations for themselves.

It also sounded that you have never had any Integy products. Try to put a good looking Integy wheelie bar on your truck and pull couple wheelies and you will see what happen.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:22 AM
FairTax4me

ORIGINAL: grimgard

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

I wouldn't get on for bashing either [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
X2

I don't think anyone else got it.

If you like the look of the truck, go for it. Not all Integy stuff is crap. They happen to make VERY nice hand tools and lathes.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:41 AM
pschulte

I got one and it works great for what it is. durability hasn't been an issue.  I have broke a couple things but with the abuse it has taken it should have been worse. The only bummer was it took awhile for parts to start arriveing. And when they arrived some are already upgraded so they appear to be takeing care of week areas.  I bought it to see if I would like this crawling thing and it is great. I would have never imagined moving slow would be so much fun. Phil
Old 09-11-2009, 10:37 PM
RickyIS300

I've been running the iRock for months, no problem whatsoever. I have a total of 20 trucks, I have hours of fun running iRock together with my 5 year old son. I just put on their alloy gearbox case, looks great.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:57 AM
dhyde79

ORIGINAL: samguan

intentionally hitting stuff that should tear stuff up? That's wrong man!

Integy aluminums are garbage! But they should hold up to a rock crawler because they are slow. But you have to realize that you DO NEED some durability in rock crawlers too. Imagine crawling up a steep hill and the crawler falls down, there is a big impact force too. There is also a chance that you could bend those crap Integy aluminums.

If you want to defend Integy, that's fine. But I believe they have made very bad reputations for themselves.

It also sounded that you have never had any Integy products. Try to put a good looking Integy wheelie bar on your truck and pull couple wheelies and you will see what happen.
from what I've seen first hand, the design is what brings out the flaw in the aluminum....I've got two integy motors, a full round of integy links for my crawler, and integy MSR10 shocks for it too, and haven't had ANY trouble, and have had the thing in some pretty scary spots, no wear any worse than the STRC links that were on before the integy ones, and no bending on either....

put an integy wheelie bar on the savvy and wheelie it? no problem, it's gonna bend, just like any non-braced aluminum plate design would, unless you used thick enough aluminum to weigh the rear down a bit, the reason the stock one doesn't...well, it does, but, because it's plastic it bends back before you realize it'd bent....

and as far as crawling up a steep hill and the crawler falling....I say you've got two issues there....
1. if you're crawling something that you're gonna tip your crawler on and you're not within one tumble's distance, you're begging for something to break
2. if you're running a lexan shell, when you tumble the crawler, it should be what's taking the hits, my axles are completely under the body, the tires may take a hit but they're soft and will absorb it, and the shell will take the hit, but, again, it'll flex and absorb it.

I'm not defending them by any stretch, I've seen plenty of problems, however, I've also noticed that each person complaining about it has found a common issue, it's most often the design, not the brand itself.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:05 AM
dragon2k2

dudes just buy it!! everyone has there own opinion
Old 09-14-2009, 03:44 AM
thef@st1

looks pretty sweet, might pick one up. i like the idea of a 1/8th scale crawler instead o 1/10th. the bigger the better i think.