Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

Tips on making a crawling circuit

Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Tips on making a crawling circuit

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 03:39 PM
Nesal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tips on making a crawling circuit

Hi guys,
My dad is ordering a Traxxas Summit (I know its not the best crawler in the world but he just want it to fool around with and do a bit of everything including crawling) and we would like to build a little crawling scene in my backyard... we have a section of land about 15 feet X 15 feet, and I want some tips regarding building a little circuit.. not so much rock crawling but more a sort of trial (like trial bikes) circuit... the section of land has pretty loose dirt and there is tons of wood which is used as fire wood over there... how should I go about building this? all ideas and even pictures are welcome!! Thanks guys
Old 03-15-2009, 10:42 PM
legion1capone

Default RE: Tips on making a crawling circuit

Throw a bunch of rocks, boulders, and logs in a random pile and go crawl. Lava rocks have good grip and are pretty fun in a mix of river rock.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:31 PM
Zim-uh-tosa

I went into a Hobbytown USA here in San Jose CA and saw that they have a synthetic rock course set-up inside the store(they have an event every other Wed). Since researching Rock Crawling, I have found that many hobby shops and most of the HT USA's actually have these man-made courses....Maybe it would be fun to make some of your own obstacles?? Try and email some of the Hobbytown's in the US for the best synthetic materials to use if you wish to build your own...Other than that, If someone was making a course out of natural outdoor rocks and branches, you would only be limited by your lack of imagination. Watching Rock Crawling Videos on Youtube is a great place to get inspiration...

Good Luck,

Z

Pictured: Synthetic Rock Crawling rock...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sp45132.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	1159187  
Old 03-16-2009, 12:46 PM
legion1capone

These are pretty cool. Maybe this will help.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1358702
Old 03-16-2009, 02:41 PM
NY DIRT

I doubt many here know what a trials bike is....I used to ride trials here in the states....Mainly Montesa's....I am in a wheelchair now that is what drew me to crawling,it works alot like a trials event....Let me know how you make out on your course,I am going to work on one of my own....You can email me if you wish....
[email protected]
Old 03-16-2009, 02:43 PM
NY DIRT

That looks like painted piles of Great Stuff.....Easy to make a course from that stuff.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:48 PM
MASTERCHIEF199611

hey if you going to build a course, you need to make alot of easy and hard parts in it.hey if you want to see an idea go to my profile,look at the gallery,then look at the one that is named my rock pile.if you like it pm me and let me know.