Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

rock crawlers

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 04:56 PM
MASTERCHIEF199611

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rock crawlers

is rc rock crawling your favorite rc type than other rc?
Old 03-28-2009, 05:39 PM
futureboy1969

Default RE: rock crawlers

Well.... Nitro monster trucks are my true love....I just got the ax10 kit. and I realy like it. Its challenging. and put my skills to the test. Plus I can run it indoors when I need a rc fix
when the wheather is bad.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:19 PM
SpikexPhil

I prefer stadium trucks. 2wd, fast bashing around, RC10GT, HPI Nitro MT2, alot funner. I picked up rc rock crawling because I rock crawl irl and I wanted to build a scale bronco like my real bronco. But its fun to mess around.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:15 PM
legion1capone

I own an HPI E-Savage, Venom Creeper, Traxxas Rustler, and a Hobbyzone Supercub plane. I love them all. They are all differant in there own way. But I find myself using my Creeper and supercub plane the most. It's relaxing when its nice out.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:36 PM
Erich_F

I compete in RC Helicopter Precision Aerobatics, with three straight Nationals titles under my belt. I've been flying helis since 1988...just started crawling. Crawling is probably the only part of surface RC that can keep my brain engaged as much as heli flying. Driving around making ovals in the dirt never appealed to me...way too two-dimensional for me. RC rock crawling is rather 3-dimensional, which is what's unique about it in surface RC.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:39 AM
ESForeman450

i messed with rc's some years age, and over the last few months got back into it. and just got a crawler 3 or 4 weeks ago. it seems to suit me better, because i am partly blind and i am closer to the truck crawling. but i still like to bash the stampede around when it's not broke. and i am roll the idea around about gettin a good used 3906 e-maxx. not sure which way i will go with it if i get it. i got some ?'s i need answered about what mods are not over kill and what 3905 upgrades will work on the 3906.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:33 PM
Zim-uh-tosa

I fly RC Helicopters as well. I own 2 Trex 450 clones and a King 2. My other RC toys are: Associated off-road buggy, and a Yak 3D plane....I have yet to know what it is like to drive a Crawler. I am the guy in the main part of the threads that is doing the "[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8606281/tm.htm]Project FJ40[/link]". I don't know why I decided to go this route? I already spent way more that I ever thought I would and it is not nearly finished. I can say though, that it has been super fun to build from scratch and I have learned a lot in the process. I never brazed anything in my life until I did this build and I get complements on my cage and technique when I walk into the LHS holding it like a sack of potatoes...My drive train has way too many faults to discuss at this point.

Later,

Z
Old 04-03-2009, 12:25 AM
monsterbombs

my favourite is high speed runs on grass with my buggy,but there's
nothing like hitting some big angle,or slidehilling and getting the truck
into ridiculous places. i also love the tourque of my rock crawler (enroute berg)
i tie my dogs toy to the rear axle and she plays "tug o war" with it. lol.
and its not limited to rock crawling, it goes anywere.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:19 AM
engineerjoe

rock crawling is great for us smart calculating guys with slow reaction times. i would have to say the best thing about RC crawlers isn't the crawling, it's the other people in the hobby
Old 04-03-2009, 08:34 PM
monsterbombs

i wish i was over there sometimes. it still seems small over here and get this,the council
said no to a small comp because "no recreational four wheel driving of any kind"
is permitted on some of the parks. not even toy ones. because of the environmental impact.
give me a break. the other best thing about crawling is the locations. chillin at
a nice spot, crawling.[8D] deviously [sm=lol.gif] lol
Old 04-03-2009, 08:44 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

I am becoming a huge rock crawling fan. I think the key for getting into rock crawling is to get involved at a crawling course or club.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:55 AM
MORNINGSTAR

it just seems to me that there are WAAAAAAAAAAAY more crawler get togeathers, comps, and other events than any other RC group.

i had to con my buddy into getting a pro pulse so i could race someone w/ my RC18.

there is a local crawer event just about every weekend. well, weather permitting.

until i can get one of those $500K ladybots from Japan, crawlin is by far my favorite type of RC