Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Rock crawler for begginner

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 12:33 AM
lynchbp09

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rock crawler for begginner

What would y'all recomend for a begginer?
Old 04-05-2009, 07:54 AM
Afb Race
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Rock crawler for begginner

That would depend on your skill level, is this going to be your first R/c vehicle or have you had others? Are you looking at building a kit or a RTR unit?
RTR units,
Losi 1/18 scale is a nice little piece, not cheap but not bad.
Axion 1/10 scale rock racer, nice has tons of upgrades
Redcat 1/8 scale crawler this is a beast and a really great deal for this size crawler, 4ws,dual motors, the drawback is the ESC needs to be changed its the weak point

ARTR
Axion 1/10 this is one nice unit has lots of stuff upgraded from the RTR unit, needs electronics to complete

Kits
Tons of kits on the internet, you have to decide what you want to do before buying, just have a laugh, competition, before you decide on the way to go, I have the Losi 1/18 and its great for blasting around in the basement woodpile and around in the backyard, and I have the Venom Crawler(kit) built it and now compete with it, has 4WS, servo lockable/unlockable diffs, DIG, and custom linkages that give me 90 degrees of flex between axles, and the wife bought me the Redcat Super Crawler, this is a beast for a ready to run unit, I swapped the ESC for a rooster and this thing eats stuff up
Old 04-06-2009, 07:49 PM
hkenvy91

Default RE: Rock crawler for begginner

get an axial and be done with it. very capable rig out of the box. mine is far.... from stock now with my son learning to drive it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46070.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	1174588