Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Need better tires!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 10:22 PM
NerRepn815

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need better tires!!!

hey all, im running a recoil. have a mamba micro 6800kv motor, mamba mcro pro esc, and a 3s 10c 2100 mah lipo. going to pry switch to a 3s 20c 2250ma. everything been running just fine, bought a radar andam hitting 61-62. hav a few other pinions to run on it and another spur. heat on motor and esc is fine, keeping it cool!

The problem is the tires im runnng are just blowing up off the rim. i have cutt up the body so they can balloon out and i have also glue the Sh*t ot of them too. was told to run a hard rubber, but they cost 2x as much and im still gunna glue them up to make sure. just wandering what ou guys are running to keep your tires on!! thanks all

o if you live in IL, hit me up!!! need a fellow racer!
Old 06-01-2009, 10:45 PM
traxxaspede

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need better tires!!!

One thing some people do, although I've only heard of it for monster trucks, but I assume it work with touring cars, it take the tires off, turn it inside out with the foam out. Then clean it up good and find some duct tape or packing tape. It MUST have little strands of threads going in it. then wrap a strip of that tape around the inside (outside now, since you turned it inside out) a couple times. When you put it back together, that should help keep the tires from ballooning too much. Also make sure you use enough glue and clean the tires and rims and make sure there seated properly.