Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Finally finished my X-Crawler

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 04:45 AM
evlwevl
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally finished my X-Crawler

I've been working on this crawler for a week trying to find parts to complete it. I got sucked in for 199.99 at the Hobby People sale. I had no idea this truck would cost so much to finish, but its done and now I can see what it will do. I went with the Rooster crawler/55 combos, a 5000mah 2S Lipo and am running the Spektrum DX3R radio. I made my own y harnesses and added aluminum Savage shocks. The first thing I noticed when I tried to climb a small cardboard box, is the shock mounts always hung up on everything. That shouldnt be a problem now. In the future, I'll probably get my wife an Axial RTC because she really digs this one....only if she knew what I had into it
Well here it is, I'll be taking it camping this weekend to see what it does out in the wilderness.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19473.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	532.7 KB
ID:	1211718   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jf11404.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	456.4 KB
ID:	1211719  
Old 06-04-2009, 01:25 PM
MASTERCHIEF199611

Default RE: Finally finished my X-Crawler

COOL!!!
Old 06-04-2009, 01:36 PM
HYPERMINIS

Awesome rig. Can't wait to hear a performance report.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:50 PM
Zim-uh-tosa

Not too familiar with these but the price seems to be super killer....Do you have any pictures of the shock mounts you speak of (on the rig). Guys like me witht he Wheely King simply rotate the mount 90 degrees to get the bulk of the mount away from the rocks and out from under the axle. If you can do something like that or grind away an unused nub, Iwould check into it....Very nice rig man! Fricken Humungous, but real nice! LOL

Z