Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

futaba 3003

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 06:24 AM
The Bakeman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default futaba 3003

Will a futaba 3003 servo be good enough to steer the cr-01 for now, until i get another servo?
Old 06-11-2009, 01:45 PM
Zim-uh-tosa

Default RE: futaba 3003

The Futaba 3003 puts out 57oz-in at 6v...I have the 645MG that puts out 133oz-in at 6v and Ithink I still need more power to turn my wheels. Wish I would have got something even stronger, but those were the servos many recommended. Iseem to bind on the rocks way to often for that much power. I am running a separate BEC at 6v, so I know I am getting the power to the servo. Basically you will not be very happy with that servo although it might pull the tires around. You will have a longer wait time for the wheels to fight the rocks and maybe not get them to turn at all unless the wheels are rolling a bit.

I would wait...But I know how hard it is to wait when you are anxious.

Z
Old 06-11-2009, 02:38 PM
husky385

The Futaba 3003 that I have will not turn the tires unless the crawler is moving. Even moving it may not turn. You will not be happy using that oneas a steering servo. Like the post above the Hitec 645 is barely usable. Everyone recommends at least 200 oz in.
Kevin
Old 06-11-2009, 05:21 PM
FairTax4me

The S3003 is hardly enough for my Tamiya TA03F road car.
Try to get at least a 150oz servo.
One of these is economical at least. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...LXJYT8&P=0
You really should try to get metal gears, but if you want to get rolling quick that's probably the best way to do it. More torque is just about always better.

This one will do everything you could possibly want it to and more. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...;search=GoVery nice servos, but you need a digital radio so you can setup the endpionts, otherwise it will burn up.