Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

hahahaha!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 08:00 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: hahahaha!

ORIGINAL: PSG-1

A lot of their arguments are stupid though. People are saying well if you put a BB in a revo it'll smoke a savage.... yeah duh that's twice the power of the stock engine what do you expect? Power to weight ratio.... that's the key. If you stuck an engine twice the size of the .28 in a savage it'd probably scream too.

What about an OS .18? That's the same stepup as going from the Savage 25 to the 4.6ss... With an OS .18 in a Revo, the Savage 4.6SS would lose. (Straight line) With a TM323 (such as the one I have..) it would be even worse...

I'm not trying to start a flame war or anger anybody. It just seems about the same to me as someone with a stock Mustang GT bragging the beat a stock v6 Camaro.
Agreed. LOL. I think it's funny that HPI had to stick a .28 in the Savage to be able to compete with the .15 in the Revo... 'cause a Savage 25 doesn't really stand much of a chance... and neither does the .21. As stated in the Traxxas forums .... it's a competition that will never be won. You Savage guys will always argue that the Savage is tougher, and us Revo guys will always prove the Revo is tougher and better... so, who cares? Stop bench racing... and play with your trucks... what is arguing ever going to prove?
Old 12-05-2005, 08:36 PM
ccs77

Good driving is what that was...

I'll probably get the Savage, but the adjustability on that new Warhead is pretty sweet. Wouldn't it be nice if HPI sold shock towers and A arms that copied the Warheads rumble/race design? You could drop the Savage down to less than 2 inches in less than 15min. That'd make the Savage pretty much race ready especially the 4.6
Old 12-05-2005, 09:29 PM
PSG-1

yeah that os .18 in a revo is really fast... can't argue with that. I was just pointing it out that some people were saying putting a BB conversion in it and blah blah blah... i just thought that was stupid.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:38 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

ORIGINAL: REVOFAMILY

A lot of their arguments are stupid though. People are saying well if you put a BB in a revo it'll smoke a savage.... yeah duh that's twice the power of the stock engine what do you expect? Power to weight ratio.... that's the key. If you stuck an engine twice the size of the .28 in a savage it'd probably scream too.

What about an OS .18? That's the same stepup as going from the Savage 25 to the 4.6ss... With an OS .18 in a Revo, the Savage 4.6SS would lose. (Straight line) With a TM323 (such as the one I have..) it would be even worse...

I'm not trying to start a flame war or anger anybody. It just seems about the same to me as someone with a stock Mustang GT bragging the beat a stock v6 Camaro.
Agreed. LOL. I think it's funny that HPI had to stick a .28 in the Savage to be able to compete with the .15 in the Revo... 'cause a Savage 25 doesn't really stand much of a chance... and neither does the .21. As stated in the Traxxas forums .... it's a competition that will never be won. You Savage guys will always argue that the Savage is tougher, and us Revo guys will always prove the Revo is tougher and better... so, who cares? Stop bench racing... and play with your trucks... what is arguing ever going to prove?
I just had to point out that the Savage weighs 50% more than the Revo, and the revo decked out with the vantage carbon fiber stuff weighs like 7 pounds. the savage weighs almost double that. that's why HPI put a .28 in the savage.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:40 PM
RenegadeRevo

[8D]

yeah that os .18 in a revo is really fast... can't argue with that. I was just pointing it out that some people were saying putting a BB conversion in it and blah blah blah... i just thought that was stupid.
OK, but the point was... the ORIGINAL Savage was the .21, right? Then... they did a "conversion" to a .25.. and now they have a "conversion" to the .28.. so, what's the difference between the varying Savages and putting a BB in a Revo? A simple .18 will make the Revo fast enough to beat a .28-powered Savage... so, what's the point? the 2.5r powered Revo will beat both the .21 and .25 Savages... in a straight-line race... and at the track (since we all know Savages aren't the best racers without some modifications...) The only difference between the "converted" Savage and the "converted" Revo is that HPI makes the kit... and Revo owners have to use a different mount (OS .18tm, RB TM323, and Picco .26 are direct drop-in motors... and with ANY of those mentioned will KILL a 4.6SS)... so, what's the difference? I think it's really funny that 4.6SS owners think it's such a feat to be faster than a .15 powered Revo. LOL
Old 12-05-2005, 09:43 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: mayhem maniac

I just had to point out that the Savage weighs 50% more than the Revo, and the revo decked out with the vantage carbon fiber stuff weighs like 7 pounds. the savage weighs almost double that. that's why HPI put a .28 in the savage.
LOL... in what math theory does 2 equal out to be 50% of 11??? Stock Revo weighs in at 9lbs... Savage 11lbs... that's a 2lb difference. ALSO.. since when did 50% of 11 equal 7 (your "CF" Revo)? Must be that "new math" everyone talks about...
Old 12-05-2005, 10:36 PM
Frost_

Get outta here troll....
Old 12-05-2005, 10:41 PM
MBX5T Maniac

my savage weighs 13pounds. The Revo weighs 9.4. That's about 16% lighter than a Savage, and the SS 4.6 probably weighs even more than 13lbs. the vantage chassis takes off 167 grams of weight from ur revo. then the a-arms are more weight take off. 7lbs was a guess. I say closer to 8lbs. but still... that's about 38% lighter than a stock savage
Old 12-05-2005, 11:03 PM
RenegadeRevo

my savage weighs 13pounds. The Revo weighs 9. That's about 31% lighter than a Savage, and the SS 4.6 probably weighs even more than 13lbs. the vantage chassis takes off 167 grams of weight from ur revo. then the a-arms are more weight take off. 7lbs was a guess. I say closer to 8lbs. but still... that's about 46% lighter than a savage
From "my" Revo? LOL... I have a stock Revo... no CF parts... so... according to [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_2908712/tm.htm]The Ultimate MT Chart[/link] The Savage 25 is 11.2lbs... and the Revo is 9.4lbs... so... one of the figures is off... either your "brick" of a Savage.. or the info that Raykessler has... *shrug* perhaps you weighed your Savage with a full fuel tank and aluminum rims and heavy tires? I don't have a Savage... so, I can't tell you how much of a brick it is.. except for the fact that the HUGE Mammoth MT weighs in at 11lbs... so, I highly doubt the Savage is 13lbs... if so, you might want to scrape some pounds off of that pig... anywho... 31% less weight with over 50% less power... you do the math... why is it that the Revo can beat a Savage 25? That 25 supposedly has 2.5HP (From HPI's website) whereas the Revo has 1.33hp... at 31% less weight...
Old 12-05-2005, 11:05 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: Frost_

Get outta here troll....
LOL... troll? At almost 1600 posts, I would hardly call myself a "troll"... also, I have just the same amount of rights being over here defending the false information that is being spewed about the Revo as the "Savage guys" have over at the Traxxas forums causing havoc... and arguing dumb points that are never proven.... which resulted in this thread.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:30 PM
CR500rider

REVOFAMILY....people like you are the main reason i hate people that drive traxxas products. just like i dont like people that drive hondas...all they do is brag about how fast their car is and how it can beat a camaro or mustang in a race, thay are all usually little punks, kinda like you. traxxas and hondas are both good products but its the owners that give them a bad name
Old 12-05-2005, 11:40 PM
DaveG55

my savage weighs 13pounds. The Revo weighs 9. That's about 31% lighter than a Savage, and the SS 4.6 probably weighs even more than 13lbs. the vantage chassis takes off 167 grams of weight from ur revo. then the a-arms are more weight take off. 7lbs was a guess. I say closer to 8lbs. but still... that's about 46% lighter than a savage
8lbs is 38.5% lighter than 13lbs not 46%. 46% lighter would be 5.98lbs.

Still that is a moot point. The disscussion was about the comparrison of box stock trucks. That means no mods at all. No new motors, no new chassis/tvp's, no fuel line on the shocks...box stock.
A box stock Savage 25 RTR weighs 11.2 lbs +/- according to Tower. I could not find the weight on HPI's site nor could I find a listed weight for the 4.6. A stock Revo weighs 9.4lbs per Traxxas web site. That's only 16% lighter.

CR500rider, Why are you calling names??? This, so far has been a reasonable disscussion with a lot of people making points. Please don't ruin it.
I don't really see that much difference in people that brag about their Savage and those that brag about their Revo/T-Maxx.
Isn't the CR500 a Honda?????
Old 12-05-2005, 11:55 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: CR500rider

REVOFAMILY....people like you are the main reason i hate people that drive traxxas products. just like i dont like people that drive hondas...all they do is brag about how fast their car is and how it can beat a camaro or mustang in a race, thay are all usually little punks, kinda like you. traxxas and hondas are both good products but its the owners that give them a bad name
Wait... first off.. calling me little? 6'4" - 295lbs... punk? Nope... not even close.. so, here we go... who was the originator of this post? A Savage owner who is talking trash and can't back up what he says. (Honda owner) Second... what have I done here? Dispelled false information that the Savage owners are spewing about the Revo with VIDEO and FACTUAL proof... (Again.. Savage owner = Honda owner... and me = Camaro owner) When I've called B.S.... instead of posting proof... the topic changed... and the Revo was falsely attacked again(again... Honda Owner) Trust me... I've been in the "car" hobby for a LONG time... including owning a 1995 Camaro Z-28... and competing against MANY Honda/Mustang owners... and now my Traxxas Revo. It's like the Camaro... when you know what you've got.. you don't have to go attack others... just confound false information... I was attacked by many people simply because I had a Camaro... including some BMW owners.. and Honda owners... so, I told them "Put up or shut up" and none of them would "put up" (as a matter of fact, called the BMW owner's BS and he didn't even show up at the track...)... that's how I feel about this... no one is "putting up"... it's just all misinformation being spewed... I've got videos and factual numbers for evidence... I never said that the 4.6SS isn't faster than the Revo.. 'cause it is.. (that would have been a Honda remark).... I simply stated that I thought it was funny that Savage owners were celebrating the fact that their "31%" heavier truck could beat a 54% less-powered vehicle. (that would be like me posting a street racing kill where I beat a Honda in my Z-28) It just doesn't make sense... do you feel proud?
Old 12-05-2005, 11:56 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: DaveG55
Interesting point... LOL
Old 12-05-2005, 11:57 PM
CR500rider

CR500rider, Why are you calling names??? This, so far has been a reasonable disscussion with a lot of people making points. Please don't ruin it.
I don't really see that much difference in people that brag about their Savage and those that brag about their Revo/T-Maxx.
ha ha, yes my bike is a honda, i was talking about cars im just tired of revofamily, all he does is put down other peoples rides because they are not his, everything he has is better than anything anyone else has etc. it just gets old ya know?
Old 12-06-2005, 12:03 AM
RenegadeRevo

ha ha, yes my bike is a honda, i was talking about cars im just tired of revofamily, all he does is put down other peoples rides because they are not his, everything he has is better than anything anyone else has etc. it just gets old ya know?
LOL... when did I put down other people's rides? Anywhere in here did I say the Savage SUCKS? Nope.. I didn't... Did I say the LST SUCKS? Nope... Did I say the CR500 SUCKS? Nope... I have told people that the Mammoth MT SUCKS... but that was also backed up by proof... and other people... I just can't see your point... this thread was started to say how bad the "Revo SUCKS" I simply stated an opposing view. The mere fact that this thread is called "hahahaha!" and it is about a thread that was asked in the Traxxas forum should tell you SOMETHING. The other post was going just fine until some Savage "trolls" came into it...

P.S. Instead of taking personal attacks at me... perhaps you should do your homework... and contribute something POSITIVE to the post? Just a thought...
Old 12-06-2005, 12:11 AM
MBX5T Maniac

Mods, why hasn't this thread been deleted/closed? DO it now
Old 12-06-2005, 12:13 AM
RenegadeRevo

Mods, why hasn't this thread been deleted/closed? DO it now
Probably due to the fact that until CR500's post (actually, I guess Frost's post), no rules were broken.... it was a conversation between two opposing viewpoints.... which, unless this is the "Traxxas Boards"... is allowed.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:24 AM
PSG-1

And now this post has gotten outa hand. I don't own a stock savage so i really don't remember what the .25 was like hehe. It's been so long. Anyways keep the personal stuff out of this forum there's no need for it and all it proves is that you have nothing to argue so you fall back on insulting someone. I'm a savage owner... I always have been it's my first nitro RC car and I love it... I personally don't think a Revo can handle bashing like a savage just because of the design. But i've never been with one out bashing so i can't say. I can only go on what i've seen at my LHS... and most of the guys there have broken revo's :-( but it could just be a fluke who knows. I'm not sticking up for any side I like both personally... just try to stay on topic and don't insult people.... there's no reason for it.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:24 AM
ccs77

Not to threadjack a totally worthless thread but doesn't a Savage wiegh closer to 11LBS not 13???
Old 12-06-2005, 12:31 AM
CR500rider

revofamily, i dont know how many posts i have seen where you hype up the revo to br better than everything else, i know i am not the only one that thinks you are extremely biased towards revos. if i remember correctly there was a thread with a heading that said something like "revofamily do not reply to this post" i just think you push things a little too far, that is one reason i dont even look at the traxxas forums anymore and the other reason being that i do not own a traxxas product and havent for a few years now. i stick to reading posts about things i actually own or am interested in buying. i am possitive you are not interested in buying a savage so why are you here stirring up trouble?
Old 12-06-2005, 12:50 AM
RenegadeRevo

revofamily, i dont know how many posts i have seen where you hype up the revo to br better than everything else, i know i am not the only one that thinks you are extremely biased towards revos. if i remember correctly there was a thread with a heading that said something like "revofamily do not reply to this post" i just think you push things a little too far, that is one reason i dont even look at the traxxas forums anymore and the other reason being that i do not own a traxxas product and havent for a few years now. i stick to reading posts about things i actually own or am interested in buying. i am possitive you are not interested in buying a savage so why are you here stirring up trouble?
OK... first off...
all he does is put down other peoples rides because they are not his
and
you hype up the revo to br better than everything else
are COMPLETELY different... in the first one... I put down people.. such as you are doing to me right now.. the second one... I show true facts and my opinions of a vehicle. Two completely different ways to go about something. But let me ask you this... isn't that what this thread is? Isn't that what the Savage guys are doing in the Traxxas forums? They're always trying to PROVE that the Savage is the "ULTIMATE BASHER" ... but when there's an alternate viewpoint, they go and trash it... instead of proving why the Savage is a "better basher" than another truck. Isn't that what you're doing right now? Tearing my credibility down so that you can "prove" that the "Savage is the best"? That thread that was posted about me is because I like to share my opinion... so that others don't have to experience what I, or many others have... again... the point of the forums. The original thread that it was about was the Mammoth MT, which have been PROVEN to be a truck that is not as durable as others... and breaks a lot. I was warning against it... with other people's experience backing me up. The kid got pissed that he didn't get the outcome he wanted... and started that thread. He then proceeded to attack me, personally... which ended up getting the thread shut down. The fact is... I use facts and experience to base my opinions. Nowhere have I found in this thread, or any others where I said the SAVAGE SUCKS. If someone doesn't like my opinion... that's their prerogative. I will share my opinion when I want... and in any thread I want... as long as it is within the "rules" of the forum. I shared my opinion that I thought it was funny that Savage guys think they are cool because their "31%" heavier truck can beat a 54% less-powerful one... how is that at all degrading, insulting, or embarassing? It's my opinion... it makes me laugh..

Also, who said I'm not interested in buying a Savage?
Old 12-06-2005, 01:04 AM
crop

It does NOT make any sense talking about how much a savage and a revo weighs and do all these mathematic arguments again and again because the horse power/ weight ratio doesn't help explain why is a revo more competitive than a savage! YES a savage with an 28 engine has a much higher HP/weight ratio than a stock revo or one with OS 18 which made it possible to be faster in straight line, but a heavier truck will have a greater inertia which drags down the speed in cornering as well as acceleration which the horse power alone can't help. Any vehicle is a combination of both power and handling.the lightweight revo, together with it's low CG design has left no chance for a heavy savage as a basher.
A .28 savage smokes away a revo in straight line is not proud and so is it when a small block revo wins a savage in local track.
The revo is more like a truggy and the savage is a MONSTER. Let the revos beat truggies and show us their glory if they can since they are all so proud of themselves. Savage owners buy savages more for bashing than racing, though a few race them, it's not that they don't know a revo is faster, only for that all SAVAGE OWNERS love savage so much that it's of more fun to race a savage than an revo. Sometimes you love it not for it's perfect in some respect, only for you've owned it and it's brought you something unque.That's why I love my savage and I shall show respect to those who own a revo. Just stop this nonsense argument.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:13 AM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: crop

It does NOT make any sense talking about how much a savage and a revo weighs and do all these mathematic arguments again and again because the horse power/ weight ratio doesn't help explain why is a revo more competitive than a savage! YES a savage with an 28 engine has a much higher HP/weight ratio than a stock revo or one with OS 18 which made it possible to be faster in straight line, but a heavier truck will have a greater inertia which drags down the speed in cornering as well as acceleration which the horse power alone can't help. Any vehicle is a combination of both power and handling.the lightweight revo, together with it's low CG design has left no chance for a heavy savage as a basher.
A .28 savage smokes away a revo in straight line is not proud and so is it when a small block revo wins a savage in local track.
The revo is more like a truggy and the savage is a MONSTER. Let the revos beat truggies and show us their glory if they can since they are all so proud of themselves. Savage owners buy savages more for bashing than racing, though a few race them, it's not that they don't know a revo is faster, only for that all SAVAGE OWNERS love savage so much that it's of more fun to race a savage than an revo. Sometimes you love it not for it's perfect in some respect, only for you've owned it and it's brought you something unque.That's why I love my savage and I shall show respect to those who own a revo. Just stop this nonsense argument.
Well, I like your last statement... however in keeping in integrity to what I was just saying (about confounding false information) The Revo's only similarity with a TRUGGY is the fact that it can win races.... A "truggy" is essentially a buggy with MT wheels... The diffs are mounted above the chassis, and it has a center diff... instead of a 2-speed transmission... the Revo has neither of those... AND... the Revo has 4" of ground clearance, which makes it a great basher... and... since it IS lighter... it lands softer (the bigger they are... the harder they fall... sound familiar?) which means less impact on moving parts. The fact is... (and some of the Savage guys might have to come to grips with reality).... The Revo is a great racer... AND basher. My Revo is ONLY a basher... and I bash it hard... and it has done me well. Trying to prove which one will "outbash" the other is going to be a never-ending process... due to everyone has different experiences with different trucks. All of the Savages I've witnessed weren't really all that impressive. One of the local guys goes to events "if the Savage is in one piece"... Yet many people on here swear by the Savage as the "Ultimate Basher"... which has YET to be proven.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:18 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LET'S PLAY NICE GUYS. IF ANYONE FEELS LIKE BASHING SOMEONE, SIMPLY TAKE IT TO THE TRACK AND RACE EACH OTHER.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.