Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

H-9 33% Sukhoi wing troubles

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

H-9 33% Sukhoi wing troubles

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 12:47 AM
AHPowelson
My Feedback: (37)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: H-9 33% Sukhoi wing troubles

ORIGINAL: Geistware

I would be more than interested in knowing what happened.

Verdict is in! The day that it happened I mentioned that I had read about wing failures here. When he sent the remains back he included about 20 pages worth of threads from here on RCU describing the issue. End result: On his doorstep was a 33% Extra that came unannounced from Horizon/Hangar 9. [sm=thumbup.gif]

Old 08-08-2006, 09:24 AM
v-snap
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: H-9 33% Sukhoi wing troubles

jmiracle
I know why your doing it, It just seems off to me that we would call it a sukhoi,,,. The stab being lowered is small in comparison to raising a wing from a low wing to a mid-wing. I have had the same reply with aerotech on their sukhoi. Once you raise that wing to a mid-wing is it really a sukhoi? That is all I am getting at.
They didn't just raise the wing of the 330xs, s, 300L and call it the same, it is actually a diffrent aircraft that was the predecessor... That is what I am getting at...
I just think that by changing the plane this much it is making IMAC more like pattern by building purpose built airplanes instead of true scale built airplanes used under the initial ruling...