Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

New Advanced Precision Aerobatics Book

Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

New Advanced Precision Aerobatics Book

Old 05-20-2024, 04:30 AM
barnowljenx

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Lightbulb New Advanced Precision Aerobatics Book

Following the book I wrote, titled, “Model Aircraft Precision Aerobatics – A guide for Beginners and Improvers” as either a paperback or a Kindle, I approached Kevin Caton, the longest serving member of the UKF3A RC Aerobatics international team, to write a book on how to set up an aircraft and fly the FAI Advanced and Preliminary aerobatic schedules.

These schedules are changed on a two year cycle to fit in with the Continental Championships in the first year and the World Championships in the second year. In January 2024, the FAI A25 and P25 schedules were introduced and will last till the end of 2025 after which the next set of schedules will be introduced.

Last year, Kevin was part of the UK F3A team that flew in the FAI F3A World Aerobatic Championships in Australia. The book’s front cover photo was taken at the World Championships by Walter Anker and is of the 10 best pilots in the World at the time. Lassi Nurila, the current World Champion, is in the middle of the front row.
The book is aimed at pilots new to the F3A FAI A and P Schedules, although most pilots who are new to A25 and P25 will also find this extremely useful if not essential!

The book also draws on much of Kevin’s experience in setting up the aircraft and transmitter, trimming, practicing and schedule flying. As far as I am aware, I don’t think there is another book like this on the market at the moment.

We published the result of our efforts, “Advanced Precision Aerobatics” through the Amazon Kindle Direct Publication route I followed for my first book. The book is now available in both paperback and Kindle editions and can be found on Amazon.com
Amazon Amazon
. It is also available at most other Amazon stores world-wide.