Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Off Road track in Alabama

Old 02-11-2004, 11:05 PM
kevrut
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Off Road track in Alabama

We are trying to get a track built in the Huntsville / Madison, Alabama area. Details are at: www.pfsoffice.net/rctrack.htm
Old 02-12-2004, 11:39 AM
bbentley40

Default RE: Off Road track in Alabama

I sent my email.. and passed the word on to at least 4 other friends who I think have all sent an email too by now. If they built this offroad track I would have a offroad and onroad track both within 5 miles of my house.. how cool is that!
Old 02-12-2004, 05:21 PM
kevrut

Thanks! The response has been great! If we can keep up the pace, we can get them to start building it sooner than we thought!

Hobby Town in Huntsville has petitions for people to sign as well.

www.hobbytownhuntsville.com (they also have indoor mini-t races on most Fri nights, check their calender)
Old 02-29-2004, 09:00 PM
kevrut

There was about a half a dozen of us out at County Line Road today! A XTM Mammoth, T-Maxx, a couple of RC-10's, a nitro rustler, and another car I'm not sure of. We had a blast. I was out there yesterday by myself. They have a small track at the back left of the complex that is for 80cc bikes. No one was using it, so my mammoth and I had a blast. The track is perfect for 1/8 scale off road. It was busier today, so we played on the flat track to the right of the office. They are welcoming RC'ers. When you get there, just look for Randy or Cam DeVaney. They charge RC'ers $5 for an entire day of play. They are going to start soon on a track just for RC. It is a great location.

I drew a crowd of spectators yesterday with the Mammoth. One of the guys went out last night to Hobby Town and bought a nitro car after watching me run. He was out there today with his bike and car, switching back and forth. This is going to be good for business for the local Hobby Shop's.

The only time they might not have room for RC is when they have their organized races. They do that about once or twice a month. When they build the RC track, that will no longer be a problem.

Check it out! This is going to be great for our local RC community.
Old 03-01-2004, 04:38 PM
bbentley40

Do you know what the guy who went to Hobbytown bought? I was working yesterday at HT so it is possible that I sold it to him.

I am looking forward to when they get a real RC track finished.. that and the day my new buggy engine comes in.
Old 03-01-2004, 06:14 PM
kevrut

Nope, he was a younger fella, probably mid twenties. had his little brother with him probably. He may have still been dusty fromthe track. It was a 2wd buggy, I think a Duratrax model. He was going to bring it back in Sunday for some help breaking it in and tuning it.

He has my number. If he calls me I'll get his name again. I'm terrible with names

I talked you guys up Saturday to him. I was glad it turned into a sale for you.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:22 AM
bbentley40

I know who you are talking about. I dont think I was the one that sold it to him but I am the one that helped him get it running and told him how to go through break in. He has an Evader.. he could not get it started because he was trying to use the cheap dry cell glow ignitor that comes with it.
Old 03-02-2004, 10:10 AM
kevrut

Great! I'm glad you helped him out.
Old 03-06-2004, 08:45 AM
Jaxx

Could you give me directions?
Old 03-06-2004, 08:48 AM
kevrut

Where from? It's close to the intersection of County Line Road and old Hwy 20 in Madison. You can see it easily from County Line.

Look for Rocket City Raceway.