Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

RC Track Plans

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 04:41 PM
Lil Cooter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC Track Plans

There isn't a track around my house at all the closest is like 2 hours away. I have about an acre a and a half empty lot. Does anybody have a website to get track plans. and another thing
other than irragtion tubing and PVC what do people use as track guides or lane dividers (or whatever thier called - the things the go around on the side of the track) I was thnking about useing old tires but there is too many gaps. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks
Old 03-06-2004, 08:25 AM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RC Track Plans

You'd have better luck posting this in a Car forum. I know "Clubhouse" sounds like everyone would post here, but it's 95% airplane stuff.
Good Luck,
Dennis-
Old 03-06-2004, 09:39 AM
Billiam411

Try using that Track Maker program, search google, there'l be a million results. What I heve notice for track dividers is that most people use that black large hollow tubes for drainage. I know one kind is called "drain tile" I'm sure your local Home Depot or Lowes has it. Another type of divider is planks of wood. Stick a 1/2" thick or larger length of wood about 8" into the air, it works most of the time. About the track layout, it really depends on the type of car you have. 1/10 electrics perform much differently then 1/8 nitro buggies.
Old 03-06-2004, 09:46 AM
CaNaDiAnRaCeR

ORIGINAL: DBCherry

You'd have better luck posting this in a Car forum. I know "Clubhouse" sounds like everyone would post here, but it's 95% airplane stuff.
Good Luck,
Dennis-

This is the Car Forum.
Old 03-06-2004, 10:03 AM
Billiam411

it was moved from the clubhouse, you can look
Old 03-06-2004, 10:29 AM
Motar

I got a perfect site for you to check out [link=http://www.RoadDome.com]Road Dome[/link]. They manufacture a really nice product desighned specificaly for what you are doing, and they sell them in kits with plans for different setups. I have seen these used at pro. events, they can be changed on the fly and the system is infinantly expandable. The price isn't to bad considering what it will cost you for large PVC pipe and with PVC you can't change the track around as ease, and the RoadDome product is stackable so you can pick up and take it some were else in no time. Hope this is helpfull.
Old 03-06-2004, 10:39 AM
iliketobreakthings

I recntly built a track in my back yard. ( i built it in what my family refered to as the ditch because thats where we threw all the rocks and crap when we cleared the yard)... so about 1 week and 364 gallons of leaves later i had a nice dirt area. I made some jumps and what not. i used wood to mark off the track (long 2" by 4' planks cut into desired size) then i held them im place with small metal rods that were hammered into the ground... i would send you pictures cause it was awsome but then tradegy struck........... we got the biggest rain strom of the year in california a few days ago and my nice smooth track is currently a river.. it washed all my jumps away it actually picked up this one 20 pound cinderblock and washed away. [&o]........ asuggestion for track layout is look for motocross tracks and study their layouts... or be creative and sketch one for yoursleve...... unless your gonna open this to the public then seek Track programs on the good ol computer............... well thats my sad depresiing track story hope it inspired u to make an irrigation system..............hahahah