Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

walkera recomendation

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 05:44 PM
andybenton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default walkera recomendation

hey guys,

ive been flying an eflite blade for a while now, and im ready to try FP helis, but i dont want to spend a boat load,

ive been looking at walkeras, and seen a few i really like, but i want a recomendation... what would be the right way to go from here....

thanks for any and all advice.

andy
Old 09-09-2010, 06:13 PM
andybenton

Default RE: walkera recomendation

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...dProduct=11978

this is the one i was thinking of
Old 09-10-2010, 07:22 AM
erdnuckel2

This is going to be a handful for a first fp! there are several others that might be easier to start fp with ...
Old 09-10-2010, 03:13 PM
winginman

You may want to give the CB180D or CB180Q a try. I have found the Q will take a lot of punishment and still fly. It is stable has a fair headlock gyro so you are not fighting the tail. Comes with a spare main blade set. Get a couple of tail rotors and an extra main gear and tail gear set. I have only used one main blade set, one main gear and two tail rotors so far and I have had it for a month. It will hover hands off with no wind when trimmed. It does not like wind. This can be mitigated somewhat by moving the ball link on the bellcrank to the center or outside hole to increase the throw. Don't do this till you get it trimmed and are comfortable with it. I would also recommend a heat sink for the main motor if you like to fly a lot. I found the one Esky Honey Bee works fine for $1.05 from Xheli.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:38 PM
andybenton

awsome, i noticed your in louisville wing.... im living in Elizabethtown. not too far. weve got a little club that gets together in the winter and flies in a school gym.... kinda cool.

any ways. ill look into the recomendations you guys made, and i appriciate them alot.

also, im not limited to only walkera, mainly i just like the price of them. plus you can get the all metal ones for fairly cheap aswell.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:27 PM
andybenton

i should add that the fellas in the flight club keep pushing me away from helis with tail motors, instead, they say i should go with belt, or shaft drive.

not sure the logic behind that
Old 09-10-2010, 08:45 PM
erdnuckel2

ORIGINAL: andybenton

i should add that the fellas in the flight club keep pushing me away from helis with tail motors, instead, they say i should go with belt, or shaft drive.

not sure the logic behind that
First off, there will probably be more people that recommend the belt over the shaft drive (probly because there are more gears that can get damaged, I dont know) ...
anyway,
the logic behind recommending those instead of tail rotor is that your tail kinda always does what the main rotor does too ... if the main one gets slower, the tail rotor will definitely get slower too. In a heli with tail motor you always have the tail on a separate ESC (at least as far as I know) and that means it can develop kind of a life of its own. Also, a tail motor can burn out, while the belt or shaft cant . And to all I see and hear, tail motors make the back also more "sensitive" as far as crashes are concerned ...

I am sure there are more reasons, but those are the ones that come to my mind first ...

Hope that helps ... a little at least ...

Old 09-10-2010, 09:22 PM
andybenton

everything helps at this point. im just really interested in learning FP. a friend is selling a nice nitro CP that im thinking of buying and working on untill im ready to move up
so FP is the next step
Old 09-13-2010, 07:55 PM
rotorbroke

I was never able to reliably hover a Blade Sr or a CP Pro, but love my mSR and SR 120. I ordered the Walkera V120D02 on a lark, even with all the bad write ups, and it hopped into a hover, and then flew around, right where I was contolling it to, The V120D02 with 2801 Pro radio has done me well, and john at rchobbyhelicopter.com has done me great with parts and personal service. He called me 20 minutes after I placed my order to make sure it was correct and explain my shipping options. That was Saturday night on Labor Day weekend, and I had my parts and was flying on Friday....
Old 09-17-2010, 05:43 PM
ksm1969

Hello. Walkera has a new heli called V200D02. IT is basically a 180D but flybarless and has way better range than the 180D.