Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Opinions on XTM

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2003, 09:43 PM
Shadow102
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on XTM

Ok i having been getting back into the nitro world the past 2 months and have seen this new company XTM. I read the post on what everybody thought about the xterminator which i think i plan on getting. i am just curious what people think of this company are they race material or just another smarttech type company. where can i find upgrade parts online and replacement parts online also
Old 07-28-2003, 09:48 PM
Kuma
My Feedback: (1)

Default Opinions on XTM

XTM make great stuff, especially their engines. I have an XTM .18 and it runs alongside the Traxxas TRX 2.5 no probs. The X-Terminator is said to be one of the fastest 1/8 buggies out there right now, but not race proven yet. They just released a new nitro stadium truck which should be a good contendor too. Hobbypeople sell XTM stuff, infact they have a sale on the XTM .21 for $99 right now (I should've gone for one) and xtm.globalhobby.com is XTM's main site.
Old 07-29-2003, 12:37 AM
ShOzz

Default Opinions on XTM

if you do not have a hobby people near you it can be a pain getting parts when you break it.

they are a west coast thing.

xtm has been around for at least 6 years in the planes part of rc if not longer.
Old 07-29-2003, 01:00 AM
Shadow102

Default Opinions on XTM

let me put it this way the only this the people around me carry are traxxas, associated, duratrax, and hpi....i have owned kyosho, ofna, serpent, a rc10gt and a micro rs4 none of which any body carries parts for around here so ordering online doesn't bother me lol
Old 07-29-2003, 06:51 AM
Aerobirdbrain

Default Opinions on XTM

XTM is ok, but i'm still sold on the Mugen MBX 5. It's true what they say about their mills though, especially their .25.
Old 07-29-2003, 08:20 AM
ShOzz

Default Opinions on XTM

if you go with the XTM wait another month, they are releasing a deluxe version with all the hop ups already in it for only 100 more.
Old 07-29-2003, 12:34 PM
Bull_831

Default Opinions on XTM

I don't know about XTM parts because mine is new and I haven't broken anything, yet. I found a good hobby shop, though. I have a Viper temp. monitor that has highest temp. memory coming in the mail, for less than $30.00. If you want to check the site out the address is, http://larrysperformancercs.com/ . I think I will send them an email to see if they have parts for an XTM.

Bull
Old 07-29-2003, 12:36 PM
Bull_831

Default Opinions on XTM

Also at 2.6 hp, this car is really fast.
Old 07-29-2003, 03:23 PM
Shadow102

Default Opinions on XTM

yeah the mbx 5 would be a great idea but for around 500 for the kit then 150 for an engine and another 100 for a radio system i don't have that money to spend unfotunatly
Old 07-29-2003, 03:58 PM
rcf360m

Default Opinions on XTM

i think xtm makes great stuff. it's also cheap. i use xtm bearings in my stampede, tl-01 and nitro stampede.they are like 3.99 for 4 bearingds. plus they sell alot of cheap hopups for the t-maxx
Old 07-29-2003, 04:03 PM
ShOzz

Default Opinions on XTM

yeah, a comparable ofna would be the ultra mbx pro.
i was debating myself between that and the xtm.

the reason i went with the ofna was mainly due to i am moving away from the west coast and more places i found where i was moving carried ofna and none carried xtm.

both cars seem to be a blast and fast, very similar cars.