Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

had some fun, broke some stuff.

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 04:59 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default had some fun, broke some stuff.

its starting to turn cold up here. so i know that i wont have many good RC days left.
so i had a friend who just got into rc and another guy who doesnt own anything join me for a big RC bash.

i brought out:
emaxx
brushless hpi mt
heng long mad truck
brushless redcat car
exceed drift car
and a brushless exceed 4wd buggy.
oh, and my KM baja

we had pavement, grass and dirt hills all to ourselves! plus we bought some ramps. maybe that wasnt such a good idea
only the on-road cars left undamaged.
the emaxx broke a front diveshaft.
the heng long broke nearly everything on the front end. i had patched her up before, and let my newb friend drive it. on a nasty tumble the front right steering arm snapped. i told him " monster jam drivers dont stop running their monster truck just cause they lose some steering. after a few more minutes of bashing the left front wheel came off.
the hpi mt had one of the front driveshafts pop out. need to get CVD's for it.

in another thread i was teased for having the brushless exceed buggy. i got it as a roller and stuck a novatech system in it.
so, i decided to see what it could handle[>:]
after 10-12 jumps in which it went at least 8 feet in the air and covered 15feet it was still going strong!!!
it wasnt till i was done running and went to take the body off that i noticed that the rear shock tower was bent soo bad that it was pinching the body. still, not much damage considering it is a low-end buggy that was jumping ramps at 35-40MPH.

last but not least....i jumped my baja at full speed. she went 10 feet in the air, and covered 39 feet! but, she landed rear tire 1st(spun around in the air) and landed on the roof on the bounce. notice the pic of the divit it made when it landed.
the rear shock mount was pulled apart, the roll cage broke in one area and the spark plug went through the top of the cage!

my friend got some vid on his phone of the exceed buggy jumping. if its any good ill put it on youtube. bummer he didnt get a vid of the baja jump[&:]

even with all the carnage it was a blast. now i just have some repair work to do!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu62110.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	175.7 KB
ID:	1525581   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je99700.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	1525582   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ns44003.jpg
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	1525583   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oi15243.jpg
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	1525584  
Old 10-30-2010, 05:57 PM
TIGER76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: had some fun, broke some stuff.

looks like you had fun then m8

loving that man size baja hole in the turf hehe [8D]
Old 10-30-2010, 06:14 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

nice Baja impression

Lets see more pics of the aftermath
Old 10-30-2010, 06:19 PM
Argess

Sounds like fun. Minor damage and sort of fun to fix. Could be an opportunity to give the vehicles a good going over and be ready for spring.
Old 10-30-2010, 06:26 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

nice Baja impression

Lets see more pics of the aftermath
ask and you shall recieve!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78728.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	1525623   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx76531.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	1525624   Click image for larger version

Name:	Di99618.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	1525625   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qj20117.jpg
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	1525626   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oz29900.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	1525627   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wm84245.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	1525628   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tv39326.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	1525629  
Old 10-30-2010, 06:26 PM
mc4798
My Feedback: (8)

Looked like a good day !!!

Old 10-30-2010, 06:28 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: Argess

Sounds like fun. Minor damage and sort of fun to fix. Could be an opportunity to give the vehicles a good going over and be ready for spring.
my thinking as well. there is an indoor track i will try to go to 1-2 times a month.
the baja may be down for awhile. she has 4-5 hours of use now, and im thinking of doing a full tear-down and rebuild. for a clone, she has held up pretty well!
Old 10-30-2010, 06:29 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

dog bone popping out is pretty normal on the MT1
Its kinda finicky actually you have to have it spaced JUST right using fuel tube but the problem is that stuff wears down after awhile and it comes loose again.
I ended up painting my dogbones a light bright purple cause they kept popping out for awhile so I could locate them later
Old 10-30-2010, 06:33 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Its kinda finicky actually you have to have it spaced JUST right using fuel tube but the problem is that stuff wears down after awhile and it comes loose again.
I ended up painting my dogbones a light bright purple cause they kept popping out for awhile so I could locate them later
yeh, i already lost on of the front ones. then i ordered a cvd set off ebay...but accidently ordered rears not fronts. so i put them in the rear and used a dogbone for the front. i spaced it well, but the lower screw which holds the wheel hub to the lower a-arm actually bent, partially pulling out. that gave the dogbone just enough room to pop out. that what happens when the vxl system runs on 3S!!!
Old 10-30-2010, 06:44 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

yeh, i already lost on of the front ones. then i ordered a cvd set off ebay...but accidently ordered rears not fronts. so i put them in the rear and used a dogbone for the front. i spaced it well, but the lower screw which holds the wheel hub to the lower a-arm actually bent, partially pulling out. that gave the dogbone just enough room to pop out. that what happens when the vxl system runs on 3S!!!
stock knuckles?
if so order the GPM and throw the stocks away they are trash the GPMS i think are on thetoyz.com for like $12 a set
I lost 4 screws on the stocks, and replaced em 4 times with the plastics due to the screw stripping out. Once I got the GPM(and loctited the screw in) not lost any

Edit: just looked thetoyz is out Ebay should have plenty from china
Old 10-30-2010, 06:52 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

stock knuckles?
if so order the GPM and throw the stocks away they are trash the GPMS i think are on thetoyz.com for like $12 a set
I lost 4 screws on the stocks, and replaced em 4 times with the plastics due to the screw stripping out. Once I got the GPM(and loctited the screw in) not lost any

Edit: just looked thetoyz is out Ebay should have plenty from china
they are purple anodized knuckles. not plastic. maybe i just need some stronger hardware
i also need to find some better tires. the ones on it ballon way too much and make it hard to control. and i still have it geared low right now!
Old 10-30-2010, 07:18 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

they are purple anodized knuckles. not plastic. maybe i just need some stronger hardware
i also need to find some better tires. the ones on it ballon way too much and make it hard to control. and i still have it geared low right now!
Wow is all I will say. Be glad the screw didn't break off in it
Old 10-30-2010, 07:41 PM
moe7404

does the amount of time to fix breaks divided by the time you run give you the amount fun you have?
Old 10-30-2010, 08:02 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: moe7404

does the amount of time to fix breaks divided by the time you run give you the amount fun you have?
no, its the amount of time to fix divided by the time you run multiplied my pie and then rounded up to the nearest 100th.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:53 PM
Smiff 24

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: moe7404

no, its the amount of time to fix divided by the time you run multiplied my pie and then rounded up to the nearest 100th.
I multiply runtime x repairtime =
Old 10-31-2010, 11:09 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

for that day, i also had to add in the newb factor.
one of my friends drove my emaxx up a steep dirt hill covered with pine needles. as the emaxx crawled its way up he kept saying "what a beast!" the only off-road he has is a evader. he would buy a emaxx in a heartbeat if he had the money.

any my other friend who owns no RC's spent alot of time with my drifter. he started to get the hang of it after awhile.
and when i let him drive the heng long mad truck, i said to him " drive it hard and break it, thats what makes it fun"

watching the faces of my friends (who cant affort to have a bunch of RC like i do) driving, crashing and just having a blast makes the day more fun! this hobby is way more fun if you have someone to share it with.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:29 PM
prestonlal

i used to have this problem with my Super Nitro Rally ( which is really a Nitro MT with shorter arms and dogbones) the fix was to use the HPI Rush outdrives (HPI 72133) in the front diff as the stock outdrive was a bit short. maybe this will also work with the MT's longer arms and dogbones?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...2&I=LXVJ90&P=K

see comments section on the tower page...