Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

OS 300 Twin plane suggestions?

Community
Search
Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

OS 300 Twin plane suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 01:28 PM
Twin_Flyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS 300 Twin plane suggestions?

Hello all!

I have have a used but clean OS 300 twin four cycle sitting in its box for way too long now. So, I am at the point that its either time to sell it or put it in a plane (my first choice of course!)

So, the question is, what would be a good home for it?

I fly sport type models more then, but any available kit would be fine. I havent tried scratching building, yet. And Im not into trying at this time either...

So, suggestions!?

Thanks,
Bill
Old 11-06-2010, 03:09 AM
eddieC
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: OS 300 Twin plane suggestions?

I have a Kavan 50 twin and know your dilemma. I'm looking at the Balsa USA 1/3 Cub and Flybaby Bipe, the Aeroworks 1/3 Cub ARF (don't like the cowl) and other 1/3 models from Vogelsang (Germany). The BUSA kit is well-done, I'll probably go that route.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:50 AM
blikseme300
My Feedback: (118)

A number of folks have used the 300 in 1/3 scale Cub's and also in the 1/3 scale Space Walker. Sig still sells both, AFAIK

Old 11-06-2010, 12:57 PM
Twin_Flyer
My Feedback: (4)

1/3rd is larger then I feel comfortable going, not to mention its a bit large for my field.

I'll have to see what bipes are available...

Thanks,
Bill
Old 11-06-2010, 09:54 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

RC Guys makes a 1/3 scale bipe ARF. Your 300 twin is a little larger than recommended, but twins don't make as much power as a single, so I think it would be fine. That bipe is a big ole plane anyway and the extra HP on the firewall won't hurt a thing.

It's out of stock though. If you're interested, I'd call them and ask about ETA of the next container.

http://www.rcguys.com/S1Pitts.htm
Old 11-08-2010, 09:01 AM
Sandmann_AU

I had the same dilemma with an OS FT160 twin. I shoe-horned it into a 90-120 (4stroke) sized GP Skybolt kit, but it proved too much for the tail to handle. I ended up putting it into a 120-160 (4c) sized Spacewalker. It flies the plane ok, but the plane itself isn't terribly exciting in the air. I'd recommend that 1/3 scale Pitts for yours, you'll get more fun out of it than the 1/3 scale Spacewalker.