Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Tamiya Leopard 2A6 on the go!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Tamiya Leopard 2A6 on the go!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 11:53 PM
JEANROCK
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tamiya Leopard 2A6 on the go!

Hi everyone ! i just purchase new tamiya 2A6 and planning to build it soon and was wandering which radio would be best for the control. I still have a Futaba 4ch 4WD transmitter but was more looking at a 6 ch radio . So I am tempting to go for a Futaba 6EX 2.4 ghz setup with a receiver and all. I am asking the expert whow can gide me on my selection as to keep my old 4WD attack or go for a 6 ch system .
I need some advises.
Thanks,
JEANROCK
Old 11-18-2010, 01:51 PM
Jeff489
My Feedback: (12)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Tamiya Leopard 2A6 on the go!

Futaba 6ex is great. Spektrum DX6i is great. Both are 6 channel and are 2.4 ghz. My personal experience and preference is Spektrum, but you can't go wrong either way.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:54 PM
gorehound

Hi

I run mine with the Futaba 6EX and if you check my earlier posts I put a bit in on how to program the unit up to work perfectly with the Leo without having to fiddle with trims to get all the functions working like you do on non digital trim handset. It is an excellent set the 6EX.

cheers
Old 11-19-2010, 11:31 AM
metalhead1986

I have set my Leo up on my DX7. It took me a while to get the programming right to not have to mess with the trims, especially to get the lighting changes and shutdown/startup to work right, but everything works with just the sticks now. I am sure the DX6i would be a great radio, too, with similar programming.