Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Waterproofing a lipo?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 09:01 AM
micro guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Waterproofing a lipo?

Ok,
so we finally got a little bit of snow. And of course i want to bring my slash 4x4 out in it. What do you do to water proof a lipo? I have some of that liquid tape and i put that around the battery case, but what should i do for arount the connectors?

Thanks
Old 12-12-2010, 09:48 AM
hasek1616

Default RE: Waterproofing a lipo?

that is all, your ready to go, just tip it upside down and let it drain out for a bit after you run it
Old 12-12-2010, 10:38 AM
1/16 Scale Cat

Another tip i know from my rc boats ( yes i fly planes, helis and have a buggy and a few boats) is that put some hocky tape around the conectors. Then let the battery fully dry out before chargeing. Do the same to all parts of the truck/car. Also do as said above hope this helps
Old 12-12-2010, 10:53 AM
Radiner

If you have some balloons lying near by(the small kind), put the lipo inside the balloon, and pull the top of the balloon to the connector, and use a rubber band and wrap it around several times.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:00 AM
1/16 Scale Cat

ORIGINAL: Radiner

If you have some balloons lying near by(the small kind), put the lipo inside the balloon, and pull the top of the balloon to the connector, and use a rubber band and wrap it around several times.
Acually thats a really good idea , Might try it too

Old 12-12-2010, 01:52 PM
DaveG55

Usein dielectric grease on all the connectors and penatrations (where wires go through cases and coverings) has kept the electronics on by rc boats and 1:1 jetskies for years. I always found that balloons would leak either through the necks or by getting holes poked/rubbed in them. I also found that balloons, tape or plasti-dip would hold heat in and I never cared for that side effect.