Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

think'n about getting a nitro truck

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 10:51 AM
Capn kanuckles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default think'n about getting a nitro truck

One of my concerns about getting a nitro truck is where can i run it.In my neighbor hood i will beable to run it some,but i know people will complain,what about city parks,has anyone had problems with parks?My next concern would be how bad do these thing stink?This will be my first one so do they smell bad,like where the fumes will give you a headache?I hear people say that you stink like fumes after running it outside and it makes your eyes water,is this true?I dont mean to sound like a little baby,but what fun would it be if this stuff is true.Like i said i know nothing about the nitro hobby and am having a hard time deciding between electric or nitro.I have seen many videos about nitro's,and the maintence and tuning dont concern me at all.I love the way they sound,look and knowing these a real motor in the truck make mewant one,but the above list concerns are a real issue for me so thats why i am turning to the experts.Thanks
Old 12-14-2010, 11:19 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: think'n about getting a nitro truck

when it comes to driving in parks, just use common sense. if it is crowded, try another day. and try to drive as far away from others as possible. if there is any sort of event going on, dont disturb. if you respect other's rights to use the park, then they shouldnt bother you about running an RC there.

nitros do smell bad, but you only notice it if you are right over the thing while its running. i have gotten a headache once as a stood over the truck for some time with it running while i was trying to tune it.
but if you are driving it around nobody will smell it.

are there any fields, or other such areas you might be able to use? ive used empty parking lots, baseball fields, school playgrounds(on weekend with no kids around) and right on my own street.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:33 AM
Capn kanuckles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats good to know,i do have fields,schools and i was kinda think'n that to say away when parks are crowded.This is going to be harder decision then i thought.Thanks for the info.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:31 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

keeping one running is very easy, but untill you learn (and many never do) you will get very, very angry!

if this is your first hobby grade RC, i highly suggest a electric RTR as nitro requires a bit more know-how. if you want fast, go brushless, there are clone models on ebay for $ 100-200 bucks just dont order from china.

i think nitro smells good, but for in a area that is going to be populated, i suggest you dont break out the nitro car.