Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

help

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 01:36 PM
rc awesome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help

I took my slash mudding what sould i do afterwards to get it clean and in working order again? Thanks</p>
Old 01-26-2011, 01:38 PM
sloppyG

Default RE: help

what about it's not in working order as it sits?
Old 01-26-2011, 02:06 PM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

Obviously you want to get all of the dirt and sand out of any moving parts. You can do it by wrapping the engine and electronics in plastic and patiently spraying it with water from a squirt bottle or hose and wiping the dirt away. OR if it's seriously dirty, just take the engine and electronics off and throw it in the top rack of the dishwasher. Just make sure your mom/GF/wife doesn't know...

Either way, once it's washed off, you can dry it with compressed air or leave it sit to dry. Then, make sure you lubricate all of the bearings and moving parts.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:28 PM
rc awesome

ORIGINAL: dustin7837

Obviously you want to get all of the dirt and sand out of any moving parts. You can do it by wrapping the engine and electronics in plastic and patiently spraying it with water from a squirt bottle or hose and wiping the dirt away. OR if it's seriously dirty, just take the engine and electronics off and throw it in the top rack of the dishwasher. Just make sure your mom/GF/wife doesn't know...

Either way, once it's washed off, you can dry it with compressed air or leave it sit to dry. Then, make sure you lubricate all of the bearings and moving parts.
I was thinking about wiping it off with a damp paper towel.What parts should i lube up.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:42 PM
thehuntingterminator

anything metal basically
Old 01-26-2011, 08:51 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hose it off, re-oil the bearings, and you're kosher. Traxxas made the damned things waterproof.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:17 AM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i still say water "resistant"

just take all the wheels off and hit every wheel bearing, and every diff bearing, then WD-40 all the metal and wipe it dry. use "zoom spout turbine oil" it doesnt thin grease, react with other chemicals and its a really good lube for $3, plus it has a zoom spout.