Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

T maxx Fuel

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2002, 07:59 PM
CanopyFx
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T maxx Fuel

OK added a new toy to the toy box. I got a t maxx. Looks killer. My question is can I run wild cat 30% in it. Just because I have a case of it for my heli. Let me know
Joe
Old 04-11-2002, 11:13 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default T maxx Fuel

Im running 20% in mine, what does the manual say?? The key, same as your heli, dont run it lean!!! Or hot!!!
Old 04-12-2002, 01:11 AM
gubbs3
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default T maxx Fuel

R/C car fuel is a different blend than that of plane and heli fuels. Its not a good idea to run 30% in a .15 either. The compression is really meant fo 15-20% and 30% could cause detonation.
Old 04-12-2002, 02:05 AM
Homebrewer
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RC Engines

RC Cars are designed to run on 11-14% oil by volume and 20% nitro. This is what most car fuel consists of..

Now, I think running a 30% nitro that contains 23% oil should be ok as long as you run her slightly rich and keep an eye on detonation. If it doesn't detonate and runs fine, you'll be ok. I'm currently running 20/20 in my new engine and it runs ok though the extra oil requires me to keep the idle a little higher for it to run without quitting for extended idles. My LHS shop also sells a high performance 25% nitro fuel with contains 12% oil by volume, if this is good another 5% couldn't hurt much.

BTW, I picked up an engine from AHC for 50 bucks. Its a pull start .16 that runs great! It was on clearance and so far is plenty of engine for my old duratrax maximum st (which originally had the torque .12 in it).
Old 04-12-2002, 03:13 AM
CanopyFx
My Feedback: (6)

Default T maxx Fuel

I appreciate all the help. I think I am going to buy a gallon of the 15 0r 20 why take the chance of screwing it up over a gallon of fuel. I will save the 30% for the heli.

Thanks
joe
Old 04-14-2002, 11:59 AM
Elwood
My Feedback: (2)

Default T maxx Fuel

Joe, good idea. Also, the 12% oil car fuel is for racing. If you want the engine to last longer, more oil is better. For speed, less oil is better. One way to look at it is how much is a new piston and sleeve for your engine?

I run the 12% O'Donnel fuel. My Rossi likes it!