Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

rustler opinions

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 11:14 PM
89jettawolfs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rustler opinions

I've noticed alot of people seem to not like the rustler. Why isn't it as good as other stadium trucks. The rreason i'm leaning to the rustler is because my lhs sells tons of traxxas stuff. But not much of other stuff. He told me he can build an entire rustler off the wall and can't even build half of any other stadium truck. Just wanting some opinions.
Old 08-06-2003, 11:21 PM
MrSavage

Default rustler opinions

hey ultima. i don't see what anybody has against the rustler, my friend just got run and it runs great, he runs it hard, and hasn't broken anything. it's VERY fast. i think the truck is fine. i just got and rc10gta few days ago and personally, i like how it drives better (it might be just cause i'm use to it). i think the rustler is a great truck if you are going to bash it, not race.
Old 08-06-2003, 11:24 PM
89jettawolfs

Default rustler opinions

yeah i plan on bashing for now but i might wanna race in the future. So the rustler is bad for racing. I hate waiting for parts to caome in the mail. That's why i wanna go with traxxas. But i'm not sure. I'm looking to trade my kyosho tracker now for a roller.
Old 08-07-2003, 12:06 AM
Hummer Man

Default i have learned alot from the traxxas forum...

they all say any truck can be good at racing... but it depends on how much you are willing to spend!!! the rustler is heavy, and the design is old!!!
Old 08-07-2003, 12:19 AM
dan1220
My Feedback: (2)

Default rustler opinions

i agree, that it would be good for bashing, but not for racing. I myself would not buy it because of the engine. Alot of ppl have trouble with the 2.5. I just wouldnt be willing to take the risk. IMO as I have said in many other threads, I think you would be best buying an RC10GT or xxxnt
Old 08-07-2003, 12:28 AM
Hummer Man

Default rustler opinions

i have the TRX 2.5 and had NO problems what so ever, it is a great reliable engine, very easy to start, and fast!!!
Old 08-07-2003, 12:34 AM
dan1220
My Feedback: (2)

Default rustler opinions

but u have to admit that alot of ppl complain and say that it has stalling issues. Just because yours doesnt does not mean that most of em do.
Old 08-07-2003, 01:17 AM
Blankstare

Default rustler opinions

i just got one and i have no problems starting it or stalling, i had some stalling problems durring break in but now its fine and running great. i love it
Old 08-07-2003, 01:25 AM
Blankstare

Default rustler opinions

i just got one and i have no problems starting it or stalling, i had some stalling problems durring break in but now its fine and running great. i love it