Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Do you think 1/8 buggies and truggies all look the same?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes, they are very bland. I'd love a unique car
21.74%
Yeah they're samey, but I don't care.
39.13%
Dude zomg, it's all in the name of 0.003 seconds off per lap!
8.70%
Buttered toast! Yum
30.43%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Do you think 1/8 buggies and truggies all look the same?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 05:52 PM
doug702
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Do you think 1/8 buggies and truggies all look the same?

a friend of mine that works at the local hobby shop says xtm is gonna make a nitro version of the rail ( i cant wait thats the only reason i havent bought one yet) btw check out my gallery to se my project let me know what ya think please
Old 02-17-2011, 06:15 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nitro XTM rail?

Give me a roller or kit and I'll be good to go. Throw in a nice OS engine, some Futaba electronics, and my own wheels/tires, and I'll be happy. The XTM Rail is the answer to the rant I made in this very thread, so if I could have one in nitro I'd be a happy RC'er.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:25 PM
doug702

yep a nitro rail i cant wait im trying to find out when its coming but havent been able to yet.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:11 PM

ORIGINAL: HimmlerHimself

Im suprised no hardcore racers have jumped on here yet mentioning the usage (widespread) of the solid dish wheels has a lot to do with the fact that most tracks follow regulations that require them
Wait...you mean to tell me the rules require bland wheels?!

Edit: As a side note, it WOULD be kinda cool to have more selection body wise at least. I know none of them would really handle as well but look at all the cool personable buggies Tamiya has come out with
I'd be happy if they'd just throw a roll cage with a few lexan panels on it that is uniquely and more realistically shaped on the existing cars. That alone would negate my concerns enough to shut me up. Sure the layout might be the same, and I suppose there's nothing inherently wrong with the layout since everyone is using it, but I'd still be able to tell mine from someone else's by shape alone.

On a side note it was a few hours between the email notifying me of your post and your post actually showing up in the thread. What is up with RCU's servers as of late?
Old 02-18-2011, 05:36 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 378

Im suprised no hardcore racers have jumped on here yet mentioning the usage (widespread) of the solid dish wheels has a lot to do with the fact that most tracks follow regulations that require them

Edit: As a side note, it WOULD be kinda cool to have more selection body wise at least. I know none of them would really handle as well but look at all the cool personable buggies Tamiya has come out with
I'd be happy if they'd just throw a roll cage with a few lexan panels on it that is uniquely and more realistically shaped on the existing cars. That alone would negate my concerns enough to shut me up. Sure the layout might be the same, and I suppose there's nothing inherently wrong with the layout since everyone is using it, but I'd still be able to tell mine from someone else's by shape alone.

On a side note it was a few hours between the email notifying me of your post and your post actually showing up in the thread. What is up with RCU's servers as of late?

flat dish rims are not mandatory in 1/8 racing.....We use them for strength and weight.........
Old 02-18-2011, 07:33 AM
Eman77

ORIGINAL: supertib

flat dish rims are not mandatory in 1/8 racing.....We use them for strength and weight.........
...but not for looks, that's for sure.

(my opinion, anyway...)

Old 02-18-2011, 08:36 AM
ElectricGuy007

What is up with RCU's servers as of late?
I have no idea whats happening with the site...
Lots of people are getting error messages...[:@]
Old 02-18-2011, 10:22 AM
FahrtAutoRC

Haha I acted a fool one week, was having a bad time and took it out here at RCU and they put me on Moderated Status, meaning my posts have to wait approval before they show up, which means I could post today but it maight be as long as 2-3 days before anyone gets around to approving it. Got put on this like 3 weeks ago, wonder how much longer they are gonna leave me hangin?

Old 02-18-2011, 10:30 AM
djyjrlz

the nitro version of that rollcage style buggy has been out in europe for the last few months at least.<div>http://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=38263</div><div> It looks good but i will stick to bashing my truggy and some occasional track abuse </div>
Old 02-18-2011, 11:35 AM
doug702

yeah thats what im talking about that thing is awesome
Old 02-18-2011, 01:20 PM

ORIGINAL: djyjrlz

the nitro version of that rollcage style buggy has been out in europe for the last few months at least.<div>http://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=38263</div><div> It looks good but i will stick to bashing my truggy and some occasional track abuse </div>
That is EXACTLY what I want in a 1/8 buggy. Nitro power, looks different from everything else, and I bet it's a blast to bash with. Parts availability won't be much of an issue because I don't really push my stuff hard enough to need parts very often. I've never broken anything in six years of running hobby-grade cars.

I wonder if modelsport.co.uk will take USD and ship across the pond...I'd have to swap out the European Rx for my 27mhz AM one on account of FCC laws, but that's a small price to pay for awesomeness.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:46 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You could just mill it from bar stock? Or does your mill not like doing something like that? I can't imagine a turbo is terribly hard to mill parts for. Tiny shaft, two impellers with setscrews to hold them on the shaft, and some high quality ball bearings, non-shielded so exhaust oil can lube the turbo, to keep things spinning nicely.
Milling a turbine would be extremely hard, and I don't have access to a CNC machine (that I can use), take a look at a turbine by itself... it would be a headache even trying to do it manually. The rest would be cake though.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:48 AM
rc awesome

Butterered toast!
Old 02-19-2011, 10:17 AM
ElectricGuy007

Truggies and buggies might look the same, since I have driven both of them before just my freinds
would let take a few laps with their's, they dont feel like they drive the same. The Buggies are more agile,
whereas the truggies are more about being huge...most people like to race both of them. I prefer the brushless
converted ones over the nitro ones. After driving an electric 8th scale before(RC8bE)I can say it felt like a
bigger 10th scale buggy. Not really faster,just bigger.
Bigger isnt always better, although people tend to think like that.