Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Next size up

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 12:10 AM
Simbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Next size up

whats a good electric heli next size up from the Humming bird.

I have that one now and i am looking to get some thing that will handle outdoor flight with light winds, collictive pitch, plus something that runs on 6cell 7.2 rc car batteries, since i have 2 chargers and 10 Nimh battreies that i use in my cars.
Old 08-08-2003, 03:23 AM
buzzsaw46

Default Next size up

With the packs you want to use the logical choice is Logo 10 and just use two of your car packs in series to make 12cells. There are smaller helis but none of them meets your requirment of 6cell and 12cells would possibly be to heavy for a smaller heli.
Old 08-09-2003, 01:10 PM
astronut30
My Feedback: (5)

Default Next size up

I agree totally, If you don't mind going 8 cells, you could go with the Eolo but for what you'd be spending on it if you went brushless which you should to get better than decent performance, you might as well get a Logo 10. Unless you're restrained by flying space, get a Logo 10, you'll love it!

Otherwise if you don't mind gettinga another fixed pitch, a Corona is a nice little heli but even with that, you'd have to use the fusion motor for 6 cells which flies fine but that motor sucks as brushes will last only a few flights. You'd have to find another "hot" motor that lasts longer.
Old 08-10-2003, 12:22 PM
Zflyer

Default Next size up

Simbo, I just finished my Corona and I gotta tell ya what a difference from the HBird, it's alot more stable and seems to react to control inputs much quicker and smoothly