Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Nitro Sport Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 04:49 PM
mattgirard07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitro Sport Wheels

I have a Traxxas Nitro Sport SE. I was wondering if anyone makes aluminum wheels or maybe composite wheels or something. I have a 2.5R in it and theres too much torque and after a while the hexagonal hubs just strip out on the plastic wheels, and when racing and jumping the plastic wheels dont last long.

Thanks, Matt
Old 02-23-2011, 10:28 PM
meef rustler

Default RE: Nitro Sport Wheels

Why waste your money, just buy some nuts that "bite" into the rim, Traxxas makes some I believe and just make sure they are tight, and use loctite. And you should be fine. Dont waste money on aluminum rims.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:16 PM
mattgirard07

Ya i guess i dont really know what nuts your talking about. Maybe there are some wheels that are a little beefier, so they dont strip out. Ive looked around but nothing really
Old 02-24-2011, 02:51 PM
sloppyG

they're called ny-lock type washers, they have plastic inside the threads that acts like thread locker to prevent them from loosening

as long as those bolts that hold your wheels on are tight, you will never strip a wheel hex