Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

New to RC Cars

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 11:32 AM
ts99ad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to RC Cars

Okay i went bashing over the weekend and found myself a new hobby but where to start. Wrecked a RC10 with only 3 laps in. Cost$70 bucks to fix and got back at it. I have searched some classified and found a few things in my area. Please feel free to give an honest opinion. I may just want to buy new, but i am hoping quantity will helpmy learning curve and keep costs down. Becuase when i destroy it I will learn and build/buy better.

So with that being said here is some of my options;

Alreeady bought waiting for delivery

2 RC 10's and a box full of extras, I spent $120 to get it delivered, I expect to crash and burn with these.

Local seller:

RC 10 Roller, with spare chassis and tranny
RC10l on road currently running
MRC Stadium Running
Tamyia Stadium Blitzer runnimg
Ultima Mid Running
Boxes of extras and spare parts

What questions should I ask, what should I be looking for? The local sellerwants to sellas a lot, what is a reasonable price I should expect to pay. I know I am in over my head, henceopened questions to all for more experienced help. My friend says its all junk andshould spend my money elsewhere. My initial though is, it is 5 machines, 4 already running.

like I said i am new and need the help.

Thanks

</p>

Old 02-25-2011, 02:57 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Default RE: New to RC Cars

Looks like rambling to me? I dont see any questions....

What are you calling an rc10? And why do you want so many of the same thing?
Old 02-25-2011, 03:14 PM
Rtyuii76

Old 02-25-2011, 05:00 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: ts99ad

RC 10 Roller, with spare chassis and tranny
RC10l on road currently running
MRC Stadium Running
Tamyia Stadium Blitzer runnimg
Ultima Mid Running
Boxes of extras and spare parts

</p>

best question to ask is what RC10's are they? Associated has a quite a few things with RC10 from what I've seen. (only on-road one I found on tower was discontinued)

The MRC seems to be discontinued (well only one I could find on MRC's site is) and parts are not being made so if you break anything your kinda screwed seeing they don't seem to have a model that shares parts.

Stadium blitzer I see for sale between $125-$144 brand new

no idea what an ultima mid is

Honestly I wouldn't go over $250 for the lot and IMO that might be generous.
Seeing some are nitros the term running can mean they start but die out right away. I've bought a "running" nitro used as my 1st and it was the biggest pain in the ass, and cash sink out of all my RC's.

My best advice seeing you don't own one is don't buy someone elses headaches. Its better to own 1 new RC that you know what its been through than 5 in questionable shape.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:14 PM
ts99ad

I have been reading some of the othe forums, and I might be best to by a new RTR or kit.   Sounds like it will cost me less in Asprin.  I was a little eager to get in over my head.  Since i dont know what i am doing i should start with somethign that i know works.

Thanks